• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future of the Congo River Rapids

Brings a tear to me eye, Katanga Kanyon being brought back to its former glory. Starting with the Runaway Mine Train getting a good jet wash, the universally praised return of the Waterfalls in the Congo River Rapids, and new props added in the area! I like how they even got a Range Rover from the 90s to fit in with the ascetic, great dedication! Makes me wonder if they'll do something with the cave section where the Runaway Mine Train and the Rapids interact with one another. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the bridge redone so it doesn't feel like a wall on either side, but rather a fence so you can actually see the Rapids.

The ridiculous fences, the games hut and removal of the head choppers killed the area. Which is a shame as it has bags of potential, a great location for an Indiana jones esque dark ride, water coaster or family thrill/flat ride in the future.

Bizarre a company would actively go out of its way to make its product worse.

I feel like they may be planning on installing a proper RAP entrance for CRR instead of the mess of temporary fencing that currently exists. I noticed markings on the floor where the current entrance leads onto this path, which might explain their attempt to theme this area in keeping with KC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If they do restore the area to its former glory, I feel two rides are needed.

A flat, and either a coaster or dark ride. There must be the space.

Did anybody else notice the Easter egg with the registration plate too?

1000011061.jpg
Source: TowersTimes

GCR 1986AL. Grand Canyon Rapids 1986 Aqua Land
Where actually is this located? I can’t picture it. Is it the new path that leads around the side of Wickerman around the back of the Rapids? The one where you can see remains of The Flume?

Here's a better picture of the jeep

From: https://x.com/jack_stagram/status/1709154633392771496?s=20

I do like the way it's 'crashed' into the fence. This explains the concrete slabs that were laid in the ground that I saw in a video the other week. I personally think we'll see little things like this added over winter and into next season

I like how it's 'crashed' into the fence as well. It is detail that Merlin would definitely not have done pre-2019.

Where actually is this located? I can’t picture it. Is it the new path that leads around the side of Wickerman around the back of the Rapids? The one where you can see remains of The Flume?

Yes.

There are some markings on the floor on the same path just outside the rapids RAP entrance suggesting there might be more new additions/theming to come.

There’s far too much positivity in here!

It looks good but let’s not blow this out of proportion. It’s an existing jeep that was already on park, relocated and refurbished. Katanga Canyon/CRR/RMT has always received new bits of theming over the years (yes even during the ‘old Merlin’ days) so I wouldn’t say this gives any indication of a huge refurbishment happening in that area.

Still, it’s good to see something like this in the middle of the season and hopefully going forward we will see more little projects like this around the park with new or refurbished theming pieces around the park.

When it inevitably gets damaged/worn they aren’t going to upkeep it so why not move it away from the fence to prevent the GP from being able to get at it?

Will you start the pumps please!