• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gardaland Trip Planning

D4n

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Zadra
Hi all,

Looking at visiting Gardaland for the first time in the Easter break next year.

First of all, I assume I am right in believing that the park is open by the Easter time? I certainly hope so!

Can anybody recommend nearby hotels and travel routes.

Also, anything else to do in the immediate area? I know of Verona, Movie Park Italy and the lakes / mountains of Lake Garda as additional tourist attractions, but how easily accessible are these from the area near the park?

Many thanks for any advice.

There are regular buses around Lake Garda and extensive ferries from Peschiera Del Garda, too. Shouldn't be too hectic in April.

Definitely recommend a stay in Peschiera. You have the train station to connect you there, with places like Verona being very close. The other towns around the Lake are wonderful to visit. Sirmione is a must, where I’d recommend a boat trip around the peninsula. Bardolino for wine and then a little further north you can easily do Malcesine and get the boat across to Limone very easily.

You can fly into Milan or Verona and get a train to Peschiera. As has been said, there’s a shuttle for both Gardaland and Movie Park from directly outside the station. The drives around the lake are fantastic so hiring a car is recommended if you can. Buses are pretty infrequent from what we saw although we didn’t look too much into them for obvious reasons.

Very easy to get a train to Milan as well. One time when we went to Gardaland, we actually stayed in Milan, and took the train to the local station and enjoyed Gardaland’s complimentary shuttle bus from the station to the park. A very nice little extra, and very un-merlin-y to be so generous.