• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

German Adventure - Planning

Accommodation Rust isn’t cheap. Unfortunately the boring advice is the best - use sites like booking.com to search for your best price/quality and use the reviews. Book reasonably well ahead - Rust is popular and of course the decent places are usually the first to go.

As for tickets, again there are no magic tricks unfortunately. The park’s website has all your options set out. If you’re only doing a half day in Rulantica, there is an afternoon and evening ticket option, which although not much cheaper, will save you a little money.

If you’re not hiring a car, train is the on way to go. Download the DB app and that will show you your options.

How young is young? Over 21 and you'll have no issues. Over 18 and some places will still rent you a car

There is plenty of accommodation in Rust and I am yet to stay anywhere that has been less than good, with many places being excellent. Some of the guest houses are great value for money as well; they provide you with plenty of space and give you all that you'll need. As venny says, take a look at booking.com and see what takes your fancy.

Also, always book through cashback sites, my favourite is quidco, and look for cashback on cards that will work on top of that, I've had cashback on booking.com and car hire companies on Halifax recently. All adds up!

I used the train when visiting just Europa Park for the first time in 2019 and was really easy. Next week I will be starting a Europe trip visiting a number of parks inc Phantasialand and then Europa Park and will be using trains. Like mentioned above you can us the DB app/site or you can use the UK aside trainline (can also get cash back, although fairly low amounts usually, but cash back already paid out before the trip). The trains are really easy to use and even states the platforms you need on your tickets when you have to change trains. Lots of different options at different prices, I have chosen to book the more expensive options for train tickets to get the quickest route with the least amount of changes.

Last edited:
I used the train when visiting just Europa Park for the first time in 2019 and was really easy. Next week I will be starting a Europe trip visiting a number of parks inc Phantasialand and then Europa Park and will be using trains. Like mentioned above you can us the DB app/site or you can use the UK aside trainline (can also get cash back, although fairly low amounts usually, but ash back already paid out before the trip). The trains are really easy to use and even states the platforms you need on your tickets when you have to change trains. Lots of different options at different prices, I have chosen to book the more expensive options for train tickets to get the quickest route with the least amount of changes.
Ash back...is that something to do with carbon deposits?
And ten out of ten for train not plane.

Ash back...is that something to do with carbon deposits?
And ten out of ten for train not plane.

now corrected to Cashback! Still flying though to first destination and back from final destination. Just plane instead of driving between the different stops on the trip.

AIL4fc9J7VAcSkFiycJuBQhy30cr1GKtB-BnGrwsfn0FiqxTrdpbFiv4vGJo8A9m-I2-_ed4_88cbN5HfXy4Jnu9rKmSyOnbbi2c2hTZUfr7fRSOb_R0URPIApQWLScbFT69s0naAUaiFdcxaVzDobsEaq3CoXbM3RzHC_K1Nw5fBpw8P6xuuYVVo6WKVZbj6-yclZFmLjwR2TIpnBmTeDSpZADfMu0gr4nGSzhIL7_1FLCMXuSOU-9YpWGMu7qlll24VAyFlLIVQW4q4cMghR9yEHZ2tw918C_nII6pldjhjNWXLU5tJCm1PwsC0eBzU1qymFvQzLJ0UeXJgRX234SNk_qgt0ezs8LraAFgvuwDXre9wNVaeg8h6qTwCBeQfpie-Hd3NEmBZAl_G-PSONmPLy5WFXKY91CWKokD2x_oxBbsutnT76z27AYmbHEk6kZZJyRujycs9o6sRWY3V8j2Uei3th0gyU8WXZFNwjqTX0Zphdo-X2oh58B7Ybkf46_l-sPrNnLjVbj5aVrVRpWZPf13tvPa9fgIQRwmi-rQZV5wupZ8wJJQ9d6vJnGe5LoUV9B5cFY3iNwK1_wqT0jeKZPaPe0bvY01tDYfE48FVsV3VYQ0hbBve24pcWuTufaK5GmVSZkChjg74CG0jj8QxitJSgvyWXufjDE4a_lFfPWvk7V5s2I4e-JNKhwBYqn3Msz-IppbZlDt90JhUOelCzRUE94hUR2Wk1wM0r_50qzUggG3YL-hserGlZBMSIccbrbv0pEOQY5N3e-vvS9P1hnwKd2iu6jS2YBSFX9wQI6N8U1Pzt4bwnpzsc1-t4MHINNc7D7MyW6VcY3G5PFwjXYV7nTL2VkZGg0H6Mjui1bobwCrVqeNvH8nd9vkdrmN01U3sKU1vPWAnQreh4-dmGrDt2Q=w1284-h963-s-no

This is the view from the top of the Hasenhorn. Do it.
Definitely swaying towards my original idea of going to Hasenhorn.

On the subject of car hire. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Unhelpfully, for some reason the car hire places at Baden Baden don’t open until a couple of hours after our flight lands on a Saturday. So looks like we’ll have to hang around for a bit.

I usually use a combo of Rhino Car Hire and then checking a couple of the providers sites. Mystery Car is fun if like me you're not bothered what you drive. Had a Hyundai i30, Nissan Juke and Mazda MX-5 so far on different mystery hires. Perks at Work gives me a discount.

Got a date and time, might help us to help you for hire cars? No idea when you're landing (sounds early) but I'd visit the Technik Museum in Sinsheim on the 1st day as it looks brilliant and has a cred.

Reactions: IDB
As it happens, I'm in the very early stages of planning a trip myself; current plan is to do two days at Phantasialand (staying in the charles lindburgh hotel) and then two days in europa and a half-day in Rulantica. Of course, the Phantasialand tickets and meals are all sorted with the hotel, but for Europa-Park I'm asking for a bit of guidance on the cheapest way to get tickets, accom of a reasonable standard, waterpark tickets etc. Also need to consider dates (ideally within a month or two) and how we're going to travel around the country (I have a driving license but we're both young whipper-snappers so renting a car might be difficult.) All help appreciated! Thanks.
I've done Heide, Hansa, Holiday Park and Phantasialand by train all in one trip and loved it. You definitely don't need a car so don't worry about it. It's one of the best countries out there for train travel.

Phantasialand to Europa is pretty straightforward by train. Offenburg is a nice little town to stop off at if you're looking to break up the journey, it's a few stops north of Rust and the accomodation is cheaper. Alternatively Mannheim if you prefer a bigger, more lively place (and an Expedition GeForce detour).

I usually use a combo of Rhino Car Hire and then checking a couple of the providers sites. Mystery Car is fun if like me you're not bothered what you drive. Had a Hyundai i30, Nissan Juke and Mazda MX-5 so far on different mystery hires. Perks at Work gives me a discount.

Got a date and time, might help us to help you for hire cars? No idea when you're landing (sounds early) but I'd visit the Technik Museum in Sinsheim on the 1st day as it looks brilliant and has a cred.
Thanks for the advise. Car hire now sorted.

The Technik Museums in both Sinsheim & Speyer look very good, but may have to be for another trip.

I need to keep some time aside for sampling a few Biergartens.