• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

German Theme Park Trip in July

dumbdumb

TS Member
Favourite Ride
El Toro
I'm in Germany for six days at the start of July.

The plan is to have two days at Phantasialand, two days at Europa Park and one day at Tripsdrill. Is Phantasialand a two-day park or would one day be enough? Deciding if it is worth a visit to Holiday Park en route or sticking to more time at Phantasialand instead.

If you're limited to 6 days, personally I'd do the 1 day at Tripsdrill, 1 at Phantasialand and 3 at Europa. If water parks are your thing you could do 2 days in EP and 1 in Rulantica. For a first time visitor, Phantasialand is probably worth 1.5 days but even when busy there's no question that you'll still be able to get on almost everything! Of course, only you can do your own research and prioritise what you think is best for you and what appeals more. I would just advise that Europa is about 3x the size of Phantasialand (citation needed) and generally requires more time. Phantasialand is also a bit easier to get to from the UK to do a revisit.

Hope this helps! :)

I'd say if you've never been to Phantasialand before it's definitely a two day park if you want to experience and explore everything the park has and get plenty of re rides.
Personally I'd agree. I managed to get everything done in a 1-day visit in May last year but only because the weather forecast had been awful and the park was pretty dead. In July I would expect it to be substantially busier. Definitely prioritise a second day at Phantasialand over Holiday Park (which is fine, but really only worth doing for EGF).

Two park days at Europa Park is workable, if you have never been before it will be just enough time and not much more to do all the rides once. You would want a third day to be able to do the park at a more leisurely pace and enjoy the eateries, bars and shows. And of course, another day again if you wanted to do Rulantica, but not essential for a first visit.

Thanks so much, all - really useful information - I will definitely be going for the 1.5 days+ in Phantasialand and ditching the Holiday Park idea. Hopefully there will be some extended opening hours for Europa. Will do a report when I'm back :)

You say 6 days, but Phantasia x 2, EP x 2 and Tripsdrill x 1 leaves the 6th day free? Holiday Park is a 1 (very) good coaster park so time dependant could drop that in if the full day isn't available.