• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gladiators Reboot (2023)

What was Viper trying to achieve? It felt so weirdly staged.
I remember as a kid watching Gladiators and was fascinated by the controversy when Wolf would do something completely unexpected, start arguing with the ref, etc. We would talk about it at school the next day.

Looking back it shows a child's naivety as it was obviously all scripted, even back then.

Viper is no different but they just need to be careful to make it less obvious.

I don't think he was performing the act very well though. Doesn't seem to be the greatest thespian. Needs to calm down with the permanent angry face pulling thing. Doesn't work and looks pathetic. Even when you know it's all an act, it's just done really badly.

I used to do a Wolf impersonation at the Saturday tea table, always ended up with me swiping everything off the table with one arm while screaming, blaming the ref (other poor adult at the table) for the lack of ketchup or something...and then stomping off out of the room, front door, and into the street in a rage...the kids egging me on all the way.
Sweet times.
Then the sensible person would get the ketchup out

It almost feels like Viper is playing a caricature, but I wonder if that's intentional. Given the snowflake society we live in today perhaps they wants us at home to know that it's all acted, not to cause any complaints or upset.