• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Golden Ticket Awards 2013

Alastair

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Rise of the Resistance
So...the Golden Ticket Awards were held over the last couple of days. Not really any particular surprises in the results, pretty much the usual US bias that renders the whole competition pretty pointless.

Only notable thing for us is that Splash Landings came 5th in the top 5 indoor waterparks category.

It's when you see Magnum XL-200 in the top 10 steel coasters that you know there are some serious problems with the objectivity of the whole thing. :p

Click here for park and ride winners

Click here for top 10 steel coasters

Click here for top 10 wooden coasters

I have more of a problem with Millennium Force being top than Magnum being in the top 10, but both rides probably benefit from how many more people have been to Cedar Point than other parks - the problem with a points based system is that it favours rides more people have been on. Looking at the number of riders of MF, EGF and Bizarro on the 2012 Mitch Hawker poll, MF had 246 compared with around 146 for Bizarro and 101 for EGF. If this discrepancy is reflected in the Golden Ticket awards MF would have 2 1/2 times as many potential points as EGF.

Great to see EP coming so close to winning best park though.

Would like to see EP take it next year

But how's splash got 5th

It is ASTONISHING that Europa manage to secure the votes to finish 1% behind Cedar Point.

Really, a European park finishing 2nd in the Golden Tickets is quite something given the general bias.

Appalling Chariot? 5th!?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not really followed these but still some great results for Europa, Blackpool, heck even Splash Landings!

Dollywood seems to be very much loved! Would love to visit the place, anyone been?