• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Goodbye Wardley Video (?)

LordOfDarkness

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Would the whole of TST be up for producing a goodbye video for the main man himself?

Maybe for a whole day you can change everyones avatar to his face... Y'know in honour.

THOUGHTS?

I think everyone changing their avatar to his face would creep him out a little :p Although I think if we all chipped in to make a community video with a little message from each of us would be great.

It would be nice to do a little something but I don't think avatar changes is right as such! A video might work or a collaborative thank you email sent by the Team.

Idk I thing dressing up as him, visiting Alton towers on opening day and standing at the end of Towers Street with banners protesting would make him feel better!
But I'm all in for the avatar, and I'd happily do a video too!

At this stage I am sure that I want to produce documentary about him. As a film production company we have everything is needed to do it. I hope, it would be possible to film sort of interview based documentary. If anyone can help with it please pm me.

I have a suggestion.

Members on here write a 50-100 comment for John, and the team collect these in some way and send it off to him as a thank you for his work over the years?

Videos and so on would result in a lot of memory use (imagine if 100 members make a short video, think of the memory usage!) so I think something simple and text based would be more appropriate.

It's up to the team really, whether they feel it's something worth doing or not. I'm sure a member of the team will pop in here at some point to let everyone know whether it's being discussed/if any decisions are being made. :)

I like James' idea above, but in addition I'd love it if a Newsnight-style mini documentary piece could be made!

This would be nice as a forum to do something special for him, to give him something for his truly great work :)

If enough people want to do something then we will certainly look into it.

If anyone has any ideas either write them in here or send me a PM.

How about just let a man at retirement age retire in peace? Unless any of you actually know him personally, this kind of thing is a little intrusive! He isn't a celebrity, and I don't think he wants to be either

Of course, he has already retired once anyway...

People get way too worked up about these fake Twitter profiles. Every comment, there or on forums which the person in question will read, just fuel egos.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

EuroSatch said:
How about just let a man at retirement age retire in peace? Unless any of you actually know him personally, this kind of thing is a little intrusive! He isn't a celebrity, and I don't think he wants to be either

Of course, he has already retired once anyway...

Thank you.

Surely he's had enough attention and praise already and he knows it maybe a nice thing to do for his retirement would be to let him retire?

I would be happy to do some sort of tribute video on him (involving my Wardley mask). As long as I don't make it creepy but it'd be nice if we do a project altogether, like the avatar but on a larger scale.

I think John knows enough how much we appreciate him without us having to make a gimmicky video.

If you really would like to do something, you could possibly consider pitching in to get him a gift from the group? :)