• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gravitymax.Tiwan

Given that we live in an age of gimmicks, trick track and PR-friendly records, it amazes me that Vekoma have not managed to shift another one of these!

It's very much their Aquatrax. :)

This has always been a ride I've wanted to try. From the videos it looks pretty smooth and the tilting drop looks incredibly fun! It's a very big structure for a short ride and I bet that takes up a fairly significant space. I'd also like to know how much it cost.

Anyway, from looking at RCDB, I spotted this:
How it works: After the train reaches the end of the horizontal tilt segment, a hook grabs the rear car of the train. This holds the train in place during the tilting. As a safety precaution, a large block of steel at the front of the tilt segment prevents the train from rolling off the end should the hook fail. After the tilt segment is vertical and inline with the vertical drop, the block is pulled away and the hook is released.

Love it! :p

Anyway, image how fantastic one might look if a park clad the sides of the tilt support tower? Yeah, I'd love to see another park ask for one of these (or an improved model if anyone can better the design) and try giving it some really immersive theming.

:)

I honestly cannot imagine how you could go on this for the first time and not totally brick it.

I like Vekoma anyway this is as Sam mentioned, their unique ride. Also agree with BigAl in the fact it would be amazing if the tower was themed!

Now if ever there was a ride that needed to be themed to the Italian Job, this was it ;D

It does seem odd that no-one else has bought one of these and i would love to try it out sometime. The drop does look scary.

BigAl said:
Anyway, from looking at RCDB, I spotted this:
How it works: After the train reaches the end of the horizontal tilt segment, a hook grabs the rear car of the train. This holds the train in place during the tilting. As a safety precaution, a large block of steel at the front of the tilt segment prevents the train from rolling off the end should the hook fail. After the tilt segment is vertical and inline with the vertical drop, the block is pulled away and the hook is released.

Love it! :p

Have a watch nearer the end of the TPR video, they mounted a camera right on the bottom of the train so you can actually see the block mechanism at the front working.