• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gulliver’s Kingdom - Early 1980s Memories and Question

Hi there,

I returned to Gulliver’s Kingdom (Matlock Bath) today after after 38 years!
I hardly recognised the place, but do remember a few things.

Did anyone visit in the late 70s early 80s? This was the time I was taken on days out and remember the old model village (where the pirate boat ride is now I think), BMX bikes (up the top near the cowboy town??), mini motorbikes where the log flume is (I think, a show cave where the mine shootout was, the Astro Liner up the top (near cowboy town now), plus my absolute favourite - a haunted house which I remember being in a street area down the bottom. Does anyone else remember this? I recall there were two levels, plus a room that sloped upwards making the people look like giants who stood at that one end. It’s definitely not the haunted area in that castle currently. Was there also a circus themed walk through attraction ? (Might be a false memory and getting up mixed up with Twin Lakes). I’m sure the haunted house was in the bottom of the park near a town square or street? I also recall a great house of cards maze (looks like the area where the accommodation pods are now)

Amy help - memories, photos or old park map scans would be really appreciated as it’s driving me mad trying to remember what was there! I can’t find any old pictures on the web.

Cheers 😁