• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hotel dining options - not buffet or sit down?

samrothstein

TS Member
Hello

We’ll be enjoying two nights at Europa, staying at el Andaluz Hotel. I’m curious what the non-buffet and sit down options are in the hotels. Are there grab and go options like sandwiches and pizza? I think I’ve found all the sit down/buffet options, and it looks like a few bars as well, but can’t find anything “quick”. If we get hungry at 8 or 9pm, what’s the best option?

Thanks!

Good question, as you’ve identified a gap in the offering. There’s very little in the way of those sort of options. The only full grab and go option is located at the Camp Resort, at a takeaway window next to Silver Lake Saloon. Otherwise the closest you’ll get at the hotels are the sandwiches offered at Bar Colosseo and Commedia dell’Arte. . Spirit of St Louis and El Circo also do food but they’re basically full service offerings in a bar setting.

If you’re prepared to leave the hotel, there are options in Rust which has a couple of pizza/kebab places or alternatively there are pizza vending machines dotted around the town. You also have an Edeka and Lidl right behind Bell Rock.

If you're into buffet and Italian food, I'd recommend Antica Roma, the buffet restaurant in Hotel Colosseo. The range of food on offer was so expansive compared to the buffet in Hotel Castillo Alcazar (where we stayed), and if you like Italian, I'm sure you'll find plenty there!

Mind you, all the restaurants we ate in were perfectly nice, but the breadth of offering in Antica Roma was definitely an area where I did notice a difference between the 4* Hotel Castillo Alcazar and the 4* Superior Hotel Colosseo.
EDIT: Sorry, I completely misread the thread title... I saw the post from @Plastic Person talking about the El Andaluz buffet and assumed that you were asking about buffet and sit-down options. Silly me!

As for your actual question, they do serve pizza in Pizzeria de Romantica (as you mention pizza in your opening post), but that's more of a full service sit-down setting. As others have said, I'd probably go for one of the bars or somewhere offsite if you're looking for something more snacky.

The bar in bell rock and also Krønasår serve quicker and cheaper meals if you don’t want a full sit down meal, think they serve until about 9pm.

Also depending when visiting the park, you could also get food on park before it shuts if you want something quick and easy.

This is indeed a gap in the EP hotel experience, there's not too much like you describe. We forgot to make reservations for the Friday night of our last trip and had to get sandwiches from El Circo, in the same hotel you're staying in. Everything else was full. The sandwiches were just microwave style ones and while they weren't bad, if you have any other option I'd go for that.

Pizzeria Romantica, while sit-down, is casual, quick, and as cheap as it gets for EP. It's pretty easy to walk right in on weekdays, though on weekend nights you can expect to wait for a while for a table.

This is indeed a gap in the EP hotel experience, there's not too much like you describe. We forgot to make reservations for the Friday night of our last trip and had to get sandwiches from El Circo, in the same hotel you're staying in. Everything else was full. The sandwiches were just microwave style ones and while they weren't bad, if you have any other option I'd go for that.

Pizzeria Romantica, while sit-down, is casual, quick, and as cheap as it gets for EP. It's pretty easy to walk right in on weekdays, though on weekend nights you can expect to wait for a while for a table.
Pizzeria seems like the good fall back, outside of heading to the supermarket to get sandwiches or something.