• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hunderfossen Familiepark 2014: Il Tempo Extra Gigante

Sam

TS Member
Spotted by Pokemaniac on CF.

Pokemaniac said:
Il Tempo Extra Gigante will be the first coaster in Hunderfossen Familiepark. The coaster is inspired by the most succesful Norwegian movie of all time, Flåklypa Grand Prix (1975), more specifically the iconic race car "Il Tempo Gigante":

m4OrSwr.jpg

The train was hand-built by car enthusiasts in Munich. Hunderfossen has been the home of the full-scale promotional model of Il Tempo Gigante for many years, so it was really about time to make a coaster out of it.

Concerning the coaster itself, I haven't been able to find much. All the Norwegian media, and the park itself, only seem to focus on the train due to its iconic looks. All I've found is a tiny render, as well as some specs which were well-hidden within the text of the press release:

xlBpLKh.jpg

• Ride length: 550 metres
  • Ride height: 25 metres
  • Ride duration: 1 min 30 sec
  • Top speed: 65 km/h
  • Max. G: 3.5
  • Max. banking: 72 degrees
  • Steepest drop: 45 degrees
  • Number of riders: 14
  • Opening date: May 24, 2014

No idea about the manufacturer, layout, placement or whether it replaces another ride in the park. Hunderfossen is widely known to be a family/kiddy park, and hasn't had a single thrill ride so far (quite atmospheric, though). Still, this coaster appears to become the third biggest in Norway, after TusenFryd's ThunderCoaster and Speed Monster, barely snagging the spot from Loopen by being a whooping 90 metres longer. I doubt I'll get to ride it for some time, since it's a little out of the way and not really worth going to unless you have kids.

I'll see if I can keep you updated. Amusement parks aren't really a big thing in Norway, so it's not guaranteed that any papers will cover its construction.

Definitely a Zierer ESC. From the artwork it looks like it could be a clone of Force One at Schwaben Park though the stats don't quite line up perfectly.

That is one of the best coaster trains I have ever seen!

:)

That's one hell of a coaster train!

Not sure how long the wood parts will last though, seems a risky material to use on a train.

Jared said:
The wood was a base for the fibreglass.

I thought it was pure stupidity when I saw the pictures, but now I realise the stupidity was my own lol