• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2014

Maelstrom

TS Member
Winter Wonderland once again is back and opens on Friday and runs until 4th jan (10am-10pm each day, except this fri when opens at 5pm). Its great to see the event get bigger each year and come along way from its first year, Just a shame its so expensive and gets very busy in the evenings. This year the ride line up includes-

6 Coasters:
Wild Mouse XXL (Extended Mack Mouse)
Thriller Coaster (pinafri coaster)
Euro Coaster (suspended mouse)
Ice Mountain Coaster (themed indoor Spinning mouse)
Spinning Coaster
1 Kiddie Coaster

Other Main rides
KMG Inversion
Star Flyer
Power Tower
KMG XXL (first time ride type in the uk)
Mondial Turbine (62mts tall)
River Rafting (one of those traveling rapids style rides)
Air
Pirate Ship
Snow Jet
Pirates Adventure
The Haunted Mansion
Wave Swinger
Giant Wheel
Plus Dodgems, Waltzers, Miami and a few other staple rides

There is also the ice skating, Circus (zippos family circus in the day and Cirque Berserk in the evenings), Ice Kingdom and German Market stalls and food/drink locations.

Great to see a fantastic lineup yet again! I assume prices will be extortionate per ride again.

A shame it isn't this "Thriller" coaster :(

What an absolute beast, the G's in that second loop I bet are awesome!

Look at her... she is beautiful :D

ESthriller05.jpg

Image Courtesy of schwarzkopf-coaster.net <3

This years event really isn't an improvement on last years. 6 coasters, yes, but 4 are wild mouse coasters, 1 Pinfari and 1 kiddy coaster!lol

Please, please stay clear of Ice Mountain, they done well with the exterior, but there's pratically nothing on the inside. Such a waste of £6.

I went on Saturday with my boyfriend (was hoping to go today as well, but didn't mainly due to the horrendous weather). In terms of coasters, it's exactly the same as last year - although I did notice Thriller had some Himalayan theming that I didn't notice the last time, and seems to have an extended queue line. I'm also pretty sure Wilde Maus XXL was running more intense than last year, as the brakes didn't feel like they were working properly (it also has an atrocious on-ride camera, positioned in such a way to make anyone look bad!)

The one new ride I've done this year is The XXL (not it be confused with Wilde Maus XXL), a KMG frisbee that packs a hell of a punch. We managed to get an extended go on it, although afterwards we had to go to the beer hall to rest up! It's one of the more costly rides there at £7 a go, but it's fantastic.

The layout of Winter Wonderland is also very similar to last year, and barring one or two exceptions (such as The XXL and the traveling rapids ride) it has the same rides too. This isn't necessarily a bad thing - WW is fantastic - but I'd have liked to see a new coaster. Hopefully next year will bring one.

I've also heard reports that the price of food has jumped up, with currywurst rising from £5 to £6.50. I didn't see many of the food outlets so I can't properly comment, but the ones I did see appeared to be the same as last year.

was also there yesterday and the XXL kmg ride was amazing, we also got an extended ride and is prob the best and most intense frisbee style ride i have been on.