• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ian Watkins guilty

Should of been convicted much earlier, but I must make a comment about the mother's convicted with him, I didn't realise they were mothers until today, disgusting to do that to your children.

Just to be clear, he's pleaded guilty - he didn't have a trial.

I can see him being sent to a mental institution not long after being sent to jail.

^
Actually, I was going to say - Is it really only me that's really bored of the celebrity sex offender witch hunt now?
It seems to have been going on for years now, and there's something a bit sick about it.

I never really liked the band, but this seems unfair on the rest of the members, who are going to end up 'guilty by association' (I've seen more than one person on a social networking site say they're going to 'burn' all their Lostprophets albums). It's also going to have a Daily Mail style effect on gullible parents of young teenagers who want to go to rock concerts.

Death is needed, slow painful death and savile horror nights ???

WillG said:
^
Actually, I was going to say - Is it really only me that's really bored of the celebrity sex offender witch hunt now?
It seems to have been going on for years now, and there's something a bit sick about it.

I never really liked the band, but this seems unfair on the rest of the members, who are going to end up 'guilty by association' (I've seen more than one person on a social networking site say they're going to 'burn' all their Lostprophets albums). It's also going to have a Daily Mail style effect on gullible parents of young teenagers who want to go to rock concerts.

well, the band mates have already made an announcement a while a go that they have disbanded Lost Prophets, chances are they will start a new band.. never been a fan of them either, but I do feel bad for the band mates, no one wants to be associated with a band who the front man has been charged like this.

Quetzal said:
The lynch mob attitude I'm seeing is worrying.

Given the details that have come out I'd say that this is one of those rare occassions where universal condemnation and death threats are more than appropriate. :p

Yeah I agree in this case, but it's the few people that are using it as a case for the death penalty, in a knee jerk sense.

I'd rather see the man live the rest of his life as a lonely bitter man in a cell than for his pain to be ended with death.

Will they become a sort of Gary Glitter type taboo though. Where everyone has to bin their records and never play them in clubs or on the radio ever again.

As for the death penalty. Ian Brady's current existence and eventual natural death - in its sure-to-be unpleasant form - is and will be proof that lifelong confinement is the best punishment.

Lostprophets were one of the sounds of my Uni days.

Bad times.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely disgusted by this news, there's not much else to say about it really other than I'm just shocked. I grew up listening to Lostprophets a lot throughout my school and uni days and really liked them.

I do feel for the rest of the band, their careers will suffer (and already are) due to the association.

This is disgusting, I found it incredibly hard to read that article. I don't even know who this man and his band are,'how the hell does a thing as serious as this go unoticed, why hasn't there been a removal of this kind of vile and inhuman thing been removed from the internet. Attempting to rape your own baby because you "love someone" this makes me want to be violently sick. As a victim of an attempted sexual assualt myself I can honestly tell you that thouse poor children are going to be scared tremendously how the hell are they going to put up with that for the rest if their lives. And someone out there someone will find this funny too I bet someone's already said a sick and disgusting joke about this. Why are children so unprotected from the world and its evil? Why? Please excuse mistakes i'm ranting from my phone.

I hope he suffers every second

"Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins has been sentenced to 35 years in prison for a string of child sex offences including the attempted rape of a baby"

Shame it only 35 years and not for the rest of his life, only way out is in a wooden box.