• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ian's Bits and Bobs

Ian

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Dizz, Bobby’s Yarn Land 🧶
Afternoon guys!

After quite a stint of not really doing anything, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things with NoLimits and RCT3. I've got various ideas in the works, including plans to resurrect Rivervale Park in RCT, having managed to more or less stabilise the file.

Basically, I'm sort of following on from this topic I used to used, and hopefully I'll be throwing all sorts of bits and pieces up in here :)

So first up...

Generic Space Mountain/RnR Ripoff/Inspired Vekoma Launch Coaster Design
Or, just Unnamed Vekoma Launch for short :p

As a lot of you no doubt know, Space Mountain Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris is one of my all time favourite coasters. It's always been quite a unique ride for Vekoma I think, and is quite different to some of their other rides. Namely, the way the track design lends itself to the theme, with the launch etc. So I wanted to try and build something along the same lines, which takes some elements from the ride, but puts a different spin on it (For starters, my layout isn't a circle :p )

I've been working on this for a few weeks now, and I'm finally at a stage where I'm happy to show it.

p5f6.png

First of all, yes it features dual stations, and yes they do actually work! It requires a bit of setup in the simulator in manual mode to get the timing and syncs to work right, owing to the limitations of NoLimits, but as a visual representation I'm quite chuffed with it. The fact it works rather well when set up right is an added bonus!

eiv.png

As you can see, the main layout of the ride is fairly compact, with the station being out at the front, similar to Space Mountain. In a real park this is the sort of ride you'd hide in a tin shed right on the edge of the park, with the layout to the back. Saves the hassle of 360 degree theming! The launch could be either enclosed, or exposed similar to the real ride.

dojb.png

The ride features a total of 3 inversions. These being a corkscrew, vertical loop, and what I think would be known as a sidewinder.

The layout also contains some snappy transitions in order to give it that wild feel (Something which I've found a lot easier to perfect thanks to forcing myself to learn and understand heartlining :p )

uuxs.png

Running 5 trains across two stations the ride would in theory be able to offer a high throughput required by major parks, but could also quite happily run 3 trains with a single station.

It's still a work in progress at present, hence the lack of supports! Unfortunately, it'll no doubt remain a basic, outdoors coaster, owing to my lack of object creation skills in NL!

POV coming soon, once I get it uploaded.

Any thoughts or feedback are welcomed :)

I can hear all the gheys making disappointed noises from here ;)

Anyyyyyyyyyyway I like the coaster! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pATqYdjed8#ws

We have a POV and offride shot :D

Only took like 24 hours to upload! You'll have to excuse the stacking at the end, but I was running the ride in manual for the video to try and ensure it didn't get its knickers in a twist with the timing :p