• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

In A Heartbeat

Spike

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Taron
Has anyone seen this amazing animated short which has gone viral amassing 10million views in 2 days?

As it has faced a lot of media attention and is gaining ground across the 'interwebs' I though I'd A.) share this wonderful video with as many people I can and B.) discuss the video and it's implications.

With anything on the subject of LGBTQ it has received a lot of negative attention as well, namely in the comments section of wherever the video has been uploaded to.

I personally can't stop watching it, I think it's absolutely adorable and so wonderfully made. The creators intentions were to "challenge the preconceived notion that LGBTQ content is not appropriate or suitable for younger viewers"

What are your thoughts on the video? do you think it's appropriate for younger viewers?

Let's keep it civil as well ;)

Last edited:
I love the short, its story and I definitely believe it's appropriate for younger viewers. It's innocent, sweet, doesn't stereotype or have a tragically sad ending (unlike other LGBTQ works); it's also relatable considering how crushes are rife in school. I admire how excellent the CG animation is too, the technology has come such a long way in the last few decades.

Couldn't agree more Rowe.

For those who don't know, it was a kickstarter project which generated $14,000, way more than they needed and I hope they get snapped up for their obvious talents. It's an emotional rollercoaster and the music is so beautiful as well at bringing those emotions out.

I absolutely adore the heart though, his facial expressions and noises are so cute :D

Last edited:
It's just so adorably sweet and relatable. The thing I love most of all about it is that there's no dialogue. It shows you don't even need to use any words to tell a good story!

I think it's been done incredibly well and it's very relatable too - no matter your gender or sexuality. The music was very well composed too!

Just to drag this topic up again for a minute. 'In A Heartbeat' is on the shortlist for an Oscar nomination for Best Animated Short Film at the next ceremony, which will be held on March 4th 2018 at the Dolby Theatre and presented by Jimmy Kimmel for the second year in a row. Being on the shortlist is not an official nomination, however - the nominations are to be announced on January 23rd. Still, to be shortlisted is still a fantastic achievement, and I'd absolutely love it if 'In A Heartbeat' could go on to win overall.