• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incheon Robotland South Korea 2014

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
Here's some news of another theme park opening within the next couple of years. This time it's for South Korea in the form of Incheon Robotland; a park full of rides, attractions and exhibits dedicated to everything robotic.

The plan:
c025.jpg

c011_2.jpg

c013.jpg

c021.jpg

c043.jpg

Concept work:
bd_photo_b28b7085_B7CEBABFB7A3B5E5%2BC1B6B0A8B5B5.jpg

bd_photo_3d43d409_C0AFC8F1BDC3BCB3.jpg

bd_photo_db20b6f0_C0D4B1B8.jpg

bd_photo_be773e1d_BEDFB0E6.jpg

bd_photo_69742aa8_C1D6BBF3BAB9C7D5BDC3BCB3.jpg

Anyone that wants to find out more can visit their official website here:
http://www.robotland.or.kr/eng/index.php

And I may as well throw this in here whilst I'm writing this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JkGAlJWslI[/youtube]

:p

So what do we reckon? Intamin MegaLite/Acceleratorn, Maurer X-Coaster and some form of robo coaster concept? Also the Vekoma Soarin' knockoff whatever it's called :p

Looks like they have big plans, no doubt hugely IP based. However, as long as they keep the consistent theme with the IPs I see no reason for it not to work. It looks very much like Epcot, but more heavily reliant on the robot side if you ask me. Could be one to watch :)

The coaster that goes through a tunnel in the water could be somewhat interesting - would that be a worlds first

Although it's not quite the same as DC: Vanish, the end of the first loop on Hulk is set below the lake. Even though this coaster may not be the first to go through a tunnel beneath water, it still looks fantastic. Let's hope they build something resembling it! :p

I'd like to think it would be a big Intamin mega/giga with the I305 track. Mack would be okay if they aren't going for something really intense and it would make sense as the park seems more family orientated.

We'll have to see.

:)

I was wondering if Terminator would make some sort of appearance at this park. It would be kind of rude not to invite them! :p