• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Introduction to Rollercoasters

TheCoopers

TS Member
Hi.

I’m after a little bit of feedback and advice.

We’re a family of 5 and have Gold Passes.

We’re not really coaster fans at this point but want to build ourselves up.

Having ridden RMT and WM, what would you suggest to try next?

I’ve read Galactica and 13 would be suitable after WM?

Thanks.

Welcome to TowersStreet
I would agree with those coasters plus Spinball and perhaps Oblivion, you might also want to try the Retrosquad if you haven't already. After that all you can do is jump into the deep end (Rita and The Smiler).
(I am assuming you are all over 1.4m).

Thirteen absolutely, Galactica if you're feeling brave, and Oblivion if you're feeling really brave.

I’d say that if you liked Wicker Man, you could easily do Thirteen and Spinball unless you have any particular issues with spinning (in the case of Spinball). In my view, Wicker Man is probably the most intense of the 3 1.2m coasters.

In terms of a 1.4m coaster to start on; I’d have to agree with the others and nominate Galactica. It’s quite a gentle ride relative to the others. Maybe Oblivion also wouldn’t be a bad shout, as while it’s intense, it is at least short if you don’t like it?

Oblivion has the added advantage that the queue is generally shorter so there's less build up in your mind and you don't waste as much time if you chicken out.

Thirteen, definitely.
Is thirteen on par with WM? Thanks

Thirteen absolutely, Galactica if you're feeling brave, and Oblivion if you're feeling really brave.
I had read that Galactica was tame? Is it really a step up from WM?

I’d say that if you liked Wicker Man, you could easily do Thirteen and Spinball unless you have any particular issues with spinning (in the case of Spinball). In my view, Wicker Man is probably the most intense of the 3 1.2m coasters.

In terms of a 1.4m coaster to start on; I’d have to agree with the others and nominate Galactica. It’s quite a gentle ride relative to the others. Maybe Oblivion also wouldn’t be a bad shout, as while it’s intense, it is at least short if you don’t like it?
I think we’ll try Thirteen on our next visit, for sure. Is Galactica a step up from WM and 13, in your opinion?

As you ridden RMT and wm,

I think 13 is a good next step, just remember the surprise element.

Galactica is a good ride. I get new to coaster friends to watch it for a couple of trains so they see the difference ride position.

Spinball is a another one my non enthusiast friends like. Personally i find it a bit rough.

Oblivion is great for a quick shot of adrenalin, it is scary for people with fear of high or falling as it plays on these for the rush.

Rita is a ride that is intense to start due to it being a launch coaster, if you enjoy the speed of the drop on Oblivion you will love this.

The smiler is the most intense coaster on site due to the small footprint and number of inversions.

I hope my thoughts on the coasters help you. Enjoy your time at towers.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Here's my recommendation. The next obvious one to try is definitely Thirteen, it's not any more intense that WM, arguably less so. Then Spinball, it can be unpredictable and the brake sections are fairly forceful but it is loads of fun! Then probably Oblivion as the first Big coaster as despite its big drop it is very short and doesn't invert. Next I'd do Galactica - as others have said it is very smooth but the riding position can be uncomfortable and takes a bit of getting used to. Rita is marmite, it can be VERY rough in my experience - avoid doing for the first time in bad weather and if you can, get an odd-numbered row, they seem to be smoother. Front row is ironically the most comfortable row. Then of course Smiler, which is your ultimate washing machine coaster! It will be slightly more comfortable on an inside seat if any of your party are particularly worried about it.

I think it's actually really subjective how you choose to work your way up through the line up and will depend on what your individual fears are - height, going upside down, fear of the unexpected, or being thrown around a lot. So just go with the flow and do what seems natural to you!

Hi.

I’m after a little bit of feedback and advice.

We’re a family of 5 and have Gold Passes.

We’re not really coaster fans at this point but want to build ourselves up.

Having ridden RMT and WM, what would you suggest to try next?

I’ve read Galactica and 13 would be suitable after WM?

Thanks.
Best order to do the coasters based on thrill level:
1. Galactica
2. Th13teen
3. Spinball
4. Wicker man
5. Oblivion
6. Rita
7. Nemesis
8. Smiler
I think the last 3 are the only rides at towers that I'd class as extreme thrill rides. Most people would say Oblivion too but once you conquer it then it seems quite tame compared to the other 3