• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Italian 2014 Trip

joelpagett

TS Member
Hey guys, I need some expertise for those who have been lucky enough to go to Italy. I am looking to go July 2014 (I know its a LOONNGG TIME AWAY) and wanted a bit of help.

I am looking to go to Italy to do a few theme parks and also a bit of touristy site seeing. The plan was;

Day 1 - Fly into Lake Garda (anyone know the best airport)
Day 2 - Visit Gardaland
Day 3 - More of Lake Garda & Drive to Bolagna
Day 4 - Visit Mirabilandia
Day 5 - Visit Florence
Day 6 - Drive to Rome & have day in Rome
Day 7 - EITHER Rainbow Magicland or Cincetta World - Don't know which one as can't afford to do both. Which one do you think would be best to visit?
Day 8 - Day in Rome & Fly home

If anyone has any ideas on the best way to get around i.e. car or train or places to stay etc you help will be greatly recieved ;D. We are very flexible so can swap things around!

In terms of airports, your best bet is probably to fly to Verona, which can be done from Gatwick with either easyJet, British Airways or Monarch Airlines (Monarch do seasonal flights between the two), and Monarch also offer flights from Manchester to Verona. You could also fly to any of the three airports in Milan from various locations in the UK, but Verona's your closest airport to Lake Garda. Flying back from Rome is quite straightforward - Fiumicino Airport offers flights to several destinations in the UK with several airlines. As for travelling around Italy, train travel is probably your best bet (driving in Italy is not for the faint-hearted), but I'm not an expert on this. Some people on here went to Italy last summer and travelled around by train, so they may be able to help you.

I hope that gives you some idea of where to start.

Brilliant thanks for that! Many people have said train travel is a good way to get around Italy as they have a really good transport system. As we are pretty flexible with flights its good to know where to fly to and from :)

Ryan Air fly to Verona also. I highly recommend Rainbow Magicland, and, if you drive about a mile down the road from Gardaland, there's another little park called Movieland Studios. It's well worth a look at for a couple of hours.

There are loads of great parks in Italy I would love to visit but the problem is my partner wants "culture days" BORING! I have narrowed it down to 4 big ones but I am stuck between the new one that is opening Cincetta world and Rainbow Magicland :-/

Themeparkmania said:
There are loads of great parks in Italy I would love to visit but the problem is my partner wants "culture days" BORING! I have narrowed it down to 4 big ones but I am stuck between the new one that is opening Cincetta world and Rainbow Magicland :-/

Maybe it's just me that likes "boring" culture days but if you didn't visit Florence and Rome and you haven't done so before, it would be a wasted opportunity. They are two of the world's most amazing cities, particularly Rome. It offers an experience far richer than any theme park in the world, and I love theme parks! I almost guarantee you won't regret going there. If that doesn't do the trick, just think of everything as theming except it's real.

I do like culture day :) I did america last year and did 14 continuous theme parks and water parks and I was very tired. You need some culture days and will definitely be visiting both Florence and Rome!