• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Japan Trip Planning - Queue advice and tips needed

ZeldaAlton

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Smiler, Oblivion & Nemesis
Hi everyone, long time no speak and I hope everyone is well? So a group of us are planning to go to Japan in Oct. Just a couple of questions.
What are the queues like at Universal Studios and Disney? Is one day enough for both parks to go on the main rides? Thank you in advance for any tips or further advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, long time no speak and I hope everyone is well? So a group of us are planning to go to Japan in Oct. Just a couple of questions.
What are the queues like at Universal Studios and Disney? Is one day enough for both parks to go on the main rides? Thank you in advance for any tips or further advice.

I went a few years back, but from my recall:

1. Queues are very long at both parks. The clamour for these brands is insane and beyond anything you'll see in Europe or the USA - get to the parks EARLY. We arrived at the entrance plazas at 7.30am and it was already packed. The crowds are unbelievable. But the parks are well worth a visit.
2. One day is enough JUST at Universal. But be warned - you may not get on everything so choose what you want to do carefully. There is Fastrack but it is extremely expensive. I think there was an SRQ on some rides? Maybe Flying Dinosaur?
3. Disney you need 2 or 3 days. The resort is similar in size to the California resort.

I’m doing a similar trip for the first time in September.

You can download the respective apps where you’ll often see queues of 3+ hours

My record viewing so far is 4.5 hours at Universal.

Thanks both for the information and advice. I thought the queues would be long but not that long. I think I’ll have to choose which rides to go on.

Of course Mario land is a must but what rides would you think is a must or highly recommend?

Are there any websites besides the official ones where we can get cheaper tickets/ express passes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks both for the information and advice. I thought the queues would be long but not that long. I think I’ll have to choose which rides to go on.

Of course Mario land is a must but what rides would you think is a must or highly recommend?

Someone will have better advice but in regards to Nintendo Land, if you're not buying an Express Pass then you need to book a slot as soon as you get there to even access the area (not including the rides). It's so popular they limit capacity and there's no guarantee you'll get in so people tend to get there at 730am so they can get in the park first and get a slot.