• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Just wondering

Sam

TS Member
...why am I banned from the TST Facebook page?

If I recall correctly, I seem to have been banned from liking or commenting for about a year now, because I described something as 's---' before rapidly editing it. Not the right thing to do obviously, but I don't think that really warrants an indefinite ban, especially when the page has actually posted photos with me in them since that ban.

Not inspired by Meat Pie's topic, just been meaning to create this for a while. :)

...and this is surely something that could have been resolved with a simple PM to the admin team? I really don't think an open discussion of this is going to be in any way productive :)

And IM not allowed to comment on the page either. So I unliked it. That team are right bum holes.

I have tried contacting the team before on this privately, unfortunately received no response. :)

Its like when I got banned from TPRs page too.

Basically Joel is English Rob Alvey.
Ian is Elissa.
Scott is their child.

My point still stands - I have to admit, I find the fact that you cannot get through to any member of the forum team using any digital medium on this issue slightly difficult to believe. :)

Ben said:
Its like when I got banned from TPRs page too.

Basically Joel is English Rob Alvey.
Ian is Elissa.
Scott is their child.
A small part of me just died.

Mike said:
My point still stands - I have to admit, I find the fact that you cannot get through to any member of the forum team using any digital medium on this issue slightly difficult to believe. :)

To be fair i struggle with Pen and paper never mind a keyboard.... I use a trained Monkey Spider to type my posts on here!

In a more serious note Facebook restrictions are an administrator issue (i assume you did message one of them privately?) As both of them are currently away i imagine they will get around to your concern sometime tomorrow.

:)

Dave said:
In a more serious note Facebook restrictions are an administrator issue (i assume you did message one of them privately?) As both of them are currently away i imagine they will get around to your concern sometime tomorrow.

OK great, thanks Dave. Yeah I contacted Joel in April and was rebuffed and told it would be "reviewed in time", but it has seemingly not been. :)

Dave said:
I use a trained Monkey Spider to type my posts on here!

I sincerely hope you mean a "spider monkey". The very thought of what you said... *shudders*

DiogoJ42 said:
Dave said:
I use a trained Monkey Spider to type my posts on here!

I sincerely hope you mean a "spider monkey". The very thought of what you said... *shudders*

Nope.... definitely a monkey spider!

It likes Bananas

An arachnid that swings from tree to tree, throws it's poo at people, and can rip windscreen wipers off cars in safari parks? This is nightmare fuel of the worst kind.

DiogoJ42 said:
An arachnid that swings from tree to tree, throws it's poo at people, and can rip windscreen wipers off cars in safari parks? This is nightmare fuel of the worst kind.

But it can manage 300 words a minute on a qwerty keyboard so i deal with a poo throwing spider as its practical.

But it has soooo many legs to throw poo with! You must be covered in the stuff!

Sam said:
...why am I banned from the TST Facebook page?

If I recall correctly, I seem to have been banned from liking or commenting for about a year now, because I described something as 's---' before rapidly editing it. Not the right thing to do obviously, but I don't think that really warrants an indefinite ban, especially when the page has actually posted photos with me in them since that ban.

Not inspired by Meat Pie's topic, just been meaning to create this for a while. :)

As you've already mentioned Sam, you contacted Joel regarding this and was told that it would be reviewed in time. You've also made numerous requests to other team members which were referred to myself and Joel. I've advised you on meets in person that the ban wouldn't be removed at present, and can only reiterate again, the ban will be looked at on a periodic basis.

I believe it's unfair to simply say that the ban was due to one post. I've spoken to you regarding comments you've made in the past on Facebook (and the forum) on an informal basis a number of times, and Joel has also had lengthy conversations with you in the past. Although no action was taken after these conversations, it was made clear that inappropriate comments or behaviour on our Facebook page would result in access to comment being removed.

As others have already touched on, this is an issue that concerns you personally, and it's not the norm to have an individual topic for every single decision we make as a team. If you'd like to chat about this further, feel free to give me a shout on Facebook or pm me.

Sam, After reading craig's comment. It does not seem ludicrous. If you been spoken to on numinous occasions over the tone and contents of postings, then in need for a family orientated product need to be maintained.

Just remember we do have younger members. My Daughter uses text to voice to 'read' this forum, There is an account in her name for Ridecount. however I don't allow her to use it, to keep her way from the more adult areas of the forum. Until she is able to understand it in the right way.

Comments that are made in the publicly viewable areas, can be seen by younger people and really should be kept family friendly.

Craig and the team have a tough balance act between freedom of speech and keeping it suitable for kids that view FB and the forum