• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Kerbal Space Program

M

Mankey

Anyone on here invested any time in this truly amazing game? ;D KSP lets you create your own space program from scratch! Be it getting your first kerbal (human) into orbit, or visiting the other planets in the solar system. It's an amazing insight into rocket science, actually helping the player understand rocket construction, orbit mechanics, dV etc. It's just the most incredibly fun learning tool I've never encountered! Not to mention the fact it's beautiful, too!

If you couldn't guess from my Av and Sig... I love this game XD

The game recently had a few updates, adding flag planting, and a new UI which is amazing. I took a few trips to the Kerbin system's moons the other day here is what happened.

mNWuHzhh.jpg

iiFWFNxh.jpg

0ozWqehh.jpg

I know a lot of you on here are simulation gamers, what with RCT and whatnot. The demo is free to download on Steam! I implore you to give this wonderous game a try!

Love this game. I have Mankey and Ian B to thank for getting me addicted. Im still no good at safely landing or even getting the transfer windows right, but its still great fun :)

Yeah I use that a fair bit. MechJeb is also good for showing you when is best to launch/make the transfer

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Naughty double post here, but heres some of my pics

Space probe orbiting the Mun
579335_502876546426748_1644282736_n.jpg

My rover on planet Dres
942369_503401753040894_750154031_n.jpg

Such low gravity on Dres, the the spacecraft that got me here is still standing upright on the ground
941872_503401773040892_305400288_n.jpg

You got to Dres?! :( I've only JUST managed to get a satellite around Eve, and crash into Duna!

1024x578.resizedimage

The day I safely get to Laythe, land, then return safely is when I know I'm a pro at this game XD

Literally just managed my first docking. The sense of achievement that this game gives you is just... incredible!

v2hYOkCh.jpg

Getting Close!

aKJ7sQWh.jpg

SUCCESS!

:D

I found getting to Eve really hard. The transfer window only comes around every 177days or something like that and I somehow completely screwed up my attempt to get there so gave up as I wasn't gonna waint another 177days lol

Couple of new images here!

CmgwpyE.jpg

A recent expedition to the Mun had me staring into a massive crater!

NUprnKw.jpg

My recent refuelling space station! Built mostly in space! Will make good use of it for big interplanetary voyages!

and

GOrp2RZ.jpg

I totally made an X-Wing space plane! :D

Also if anyone is interested here is a video of me doing a voyage between the 2 Kerbin moons! :) Was a massive challenge but great fun!

EDIT: Apologies about some of my language in the video! :p

http://youtu.be/qkHCn5vRHnk

It really looks like a fantastic game, I'm just very poor right now! Hopefully it pops up in summer sales again! I'll make sure I have a tenner to spend on it!

I couldn't justify buying the game on the summer sale due to funds, but I've finally caved in and bought it!! While I had money, couldn't wait till the next sale!! :p

Looking forward to exploring space! :)