• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Knoebels Amusement Resort

Trooper Looper

TS Member
Hey all. I'm quite surprised that this park doesn't have its own Thread yet, so here you go!

If you don't know, Knoebles is a free admission Amustment Park located in Pennsylvania, filled with many highly regarded attractions, and is considered one of the best Amustment parks in the world. It is home to many famous attractions such as Phoenix, Black Diamond, and The Haunted Mansion (No, not the Disney one)

Today's discussion though will be about The Haunted Mansion, which is celebrating a whopping 50 years of spooking guests ever since 1973. This year there have been many additions to the attractions, as well as many familair elements.

Let's start with the outside, the vulture that used to be on the main sign has finally returned!
Screenshot_20230512-101753_YouTube.jpg

That and a cart with new decor vinyl stickers now sitting outside for photo opportunities, so if you want to take a picture for new memories, here's your chance!
Screenshot_20230512-101802_YouTube.jpg
A cake has been added to the outside, sitting by the facade, celebrating the rides anniversary!
Screenshot_20230512-101938_YouTube.jpg
The biggest addition to the area though is a hearse, being carried by the skeletal remains of a Carrige Driver and his Horse, where you can see your on-ride photo inside the hearse, which the on-ride photos are also new for this year!!
Screenshot_20230512-101823_YouTube.jpg
Now, onto the new changes inside the ride itself for this year and boy are they quite substantial! Spoilers below if anyone wishes to visit this year!
The change are minor, all but one at least. The first change is a new cake in the kitchen scene, specifically by the drunk Skeleton!
Screenshot_20230512-110515_YouTube.jpg

Next new addition to the ride is within the attic. Minor changes are present such as new objects in there. The biggest change though is the new addition of a head wrapped within a hornets nest!
Screenshot_20230512-101624_YouTube.jpg
Now, here's the largest change, and probably a favourite by many. The scene that used to follow the attic has been completely retired apart from the metal plate that used to make people jump! Ladies and gentlemen, the return of the Skull Room!! A fan favourite scene that many missed when it was removed quite a while back, albeit not in the same place as it originally was! They even brought back the music from Halloween 2!!!
Screenshot_20230512-101655_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230512-101642_YouTube.jpg
The location where the on-ride photo is taken is unsurprisingly at the Lorry horn scene before the jungle. The final new addition is of a fox with red eyes in the jungle, put beside the Cannibal!

Credit goes to JPVideos on YouTube, these screenshot are from his Vlog regarding of The Haunted Mansions 50th anniversary.

I hope you guys enjoyed this read! Let me know what your thoughts are on this little, but wonderful park and this year's 50th anniversary of Their Haunted Mansion!!

Last edited:
Knoebels is a brilliant park. We only had 90 minutes there when I visited back in 2018 but rushing around managed to get on Phoenix, Twister, Flying Turns, Impulse and The Haunted Mansion.

Having only ridden it once my memories of The Haunted Mansion are somewhat sketchy but I do remember it being a very impressive traditional style ghost train. Great to see that it is celebrating its 50th anniversary!

Possibly my favourite ever park. Certainly the least 'corporate'.

It's in the middle of the woods, with no fencing around the park. You park up and walk straight in.

The food is incredible and they used to win Golden Ticket awards every year for it. BBQ Rib burgers, giant corn on the cobs, turkey legs... all sorts. And it's so cheap.

Phoenix is still my favourite ever wooden coaster. The airtime is just ridiculous. Had double figure rides on it throughout the day and night.

Twister is also brilliant for different reasons.

At night time the park really comes to life. Classic carousel music all over the park and old school fairground lighting.

I almost don't want to go back as the memories are so good 😂