• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Labour Leadership Debate!

Your chosen Westminster dictator?

• Who?

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Jeremy "Comrade" Corbyn

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Andy U-Turnham

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Liz Thatcher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yvette "I can't answer that question" Cooper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None. Everything ever is Labour's fault.

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
Hey @Kelpie

If you want to listen to Jeremy's speech:

http://ng-digital.co.uk/catchup/

I have my thoughts on the Lib Dems. They don't get the credit they deserve, but also, that's their own fault and resulted in selling out towards the end as basically being some kind of moderating factor, without standing against them through most of the parliament so a lot of people just didn't believe them and walked away.

That's a lot of work that the likes of Kennedy put in to bring credibility that's been wasted.

They say they did the UK a favour, but now the UK is left with a regressive Government, as a direct result of them propping them up.

So my sympathy with them is none.

I've been thinking, I really don't want the UK to leave the EU.

At least with the EU we've got some laws that we have to implement, regardless of what the Tories want.

If we left the EU, I can't imagine the country if Cameron and Osbourne got full reign of the country.

But that's for another topic.

Reactions: Tom

At least with the EU we've got some laws that we have to implement, regardless of what the Tories want.

If we left the EU, I can't imagine the country if Cameron and Osbourne got full reign of the country.

Many regulations etc are handed down from higher bureaucracy to the EU, in associations that we've left to be in the EU.

I do agree however, it's a primary concern of mine also, for me if we left the EU we'd have to have radical change in our own electoral system.

Pretty much the opposite of Cameron stuffing the Lords chamber & screwing the boundaries etc/removing number of MPs

It's truly alarming what's taking place right now.

I like the Tories. Since they have been in power I am a lot happier with the way the country is run. I thought labour were to soft on benefits. Since they have been in power, I have managed to buy a house, get promoted and start a family. My little boy was born with a poorly heart and was fixed pretty quickly so I have no qualms with the nhs.
The country needs to make cuts and I believe they are being made in the right places as they havnt effected me and have improved my life significantly
"I'M ok, therefore everything is fine, the cuts are ok because I'VE avoided them." HAHAHAHAHAHA state of this argument.

See, I was sort of on the fence with the EU, and would probably have voted to stay in, albeit not exactly wholeheartedly to say the least.

Then Greece happened. It's disgusting how they've gone about that situation, pretty much the only thing stopping me being 100% on leaving is knowing what the Tories would do given free reign over us. Bye bye human rights!

Is this still going on?

I have to be honest and say none of them, they are all rubbish.
I'd probably vote for Liz Kendal if I had a vote as she is the fittest.
It's pretty much irrelevant anyway as BoJo will walk the next GE.

My favourite part of this hilarious campaign was definitely when they called their efforts to remove 'entryists' from the vote 'Operation Icepick' after the assassination of Trotsky.

My favourite part of this hilarious campaign was definitely when they called their efforts to remove 'entryists' from the vote 'Operation Icepick' after the assassination of Trotsky.

Yes, charming that wasn't it.

And there we have it - Jeremy Corbyn has been elected as Leader of the Labour Party with over 59% of the vote in the first round. Fantastic news. :D

If I'd joined Usdaw in time to vote in the election, I would've voted for Corbyn as leader. In fact, my ballot paper would've been exactly the same as the results turned out! Corbyn first because I felt it was time for Labour to change, and that I agreed with a lot of what he's said and done. Burnam in second, because despite him being a bit of a relic from the Blair era, he would be a good second-choice candidate. Cooper in third because I had no idea what she stood for. And then Kendall in fourth - she's pretty much a Tory, and if she were elected leader, I would fear that the Labour Party would end up being even closer to the Tories than they are at the moment. With Corbyn's election as leader, there'll be a clearer division between the two main parties in the House of Commons, which can only be a good thing in the long run.

Could this be the end of the Green Party?

I think many voters will come over, and also despite their thoughts to the contrary I think the Lib Dems will be hit also.

It's simply a question of how many voters will leave and how many will move towards Labour now.