• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Last minute trip

karlrichings

TS Member
So we have just booked last minute for November for EP, staying at Roxy in Rust. Never been before and never done any EU theme parks apart from DLP. Just wondering if anyone has experience driving from Basel swiss side and how is the drive, never driven in Europe before but have done Florida with no problems.

It's the hallowinter seasons when we go has anyone been during that event? I think I saw a couple water rides shut but is everything else open as usual?

Also am I able to take transport from the EP hotels to the front entrance if I'm not staying there as our hotel backs onto Bell Rock entrance and would save what I would assume is a 20 min walk. Thanks!

The drive from Basel is fine. It's about 1 hour and not complex.

Hallowinter I haven't done, but the earlier in the event the more Halloween... the later it is, the more Christmas.

Hours are 11-7 minimum, so lie ins all round!

You won't be able to use the EP Express from the hotels, as that is a resort benefit and it is located wholly within the park. The park entrance is a nice 15-minute walk from the Moxy - but the good news is that you can exit via the resort hotel exit, so quick access back to your hotel!

Oh so there's like a Galactica kind of exit I can take? That's good to know, less walking after a long day 😂 Slightly worried the weather will be a wash out but it's a bucket list park for us so sure we will enjoy it regardless 😁

The Moxy has its own underground car park but I believe you have to pay for that, but does have a small number of spaces along the front which are free to park in.

The walk is quite nice in the morning to be fair, and isn’t much different than walking from towers car parks to the entrance. There is also a Lidl and Edeka right near the Moxy which is good if you haven’t got breakfast paid for.

I've never stayed at the Moxy, but have stayed in various guest houses etc. around that part of Rust and the walk to the park in the morning is never an issue, in fact I really quite enjoy it. Rust is a beautiful town, and the morning walk is very tranquil. Gets you in the mood for the day ahead!

The Moxy has its own underground car park but I believe you have to pay for that, but does have a small number of spaces along the front which are free to park in.

The walk is quite nice in the morning to be fair, and isn’t much different than walking from towers car parks to the entrance. There is also a Lidl and Edeka right near the Moxy which is good if you haven’t got breakfast paid for.
Hmm. We managed to get a space along the front and paid the fee to park. Never knew they were free!

Hmm. We managed to get a space along the front and paid the fee to park. Never knew they were free!
I haven’t stayed there since it was new, but certainly when I stayed it was free along the front as the woman at the desk told us we could park there for free.

Reactions: IDB
Hi, the Rust card (collect when paying the tourist tax) currently offers one day's free parking at Europa Park (or Rulantica), handy if you are spending the day at the park after check out, saves 8 euro. You just scan the barcode on exit. You are meant to receive one card per 'taxpayer' so possible to save multiple days if you are in a group.

Last edited: