• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Leaving thread

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

BigT

TS Member
Ok I know this towers street forum is new and shouldn't need this topic but I think it needs starting.
I can no longer be bothered with this forum due to the snobbery and unfriendliness.

I shall still lurk but no longer post.
Bye bye

I am disappointed about this as contrary to popular belief, I very much enjoy people with the opposing opinion to myself as it opens up opportunity to interesting discussion. However, I would argue if you start playing with fire, don't be surprised or upset when your hands get burnt.

I hope you come back to posting, but in case you don't - Goodbye. :)

BigT Im very sorry to hear that.

We are really pushing the whole idea that we are a community and so far I dont think Ive seen anyone going against that, can you show us where you are seeing this?
If it is a problem it is certainly something we will look into, we dont want this forum to be an unwelcoming place.

I hope you don't go, we don't want to see anyone leaving. But best wishes all the same.

Ben
TS Team

Edit:
Ive looked into your posting history. Unfortuantly the only topics you have been involved are highly debatable subjects and people will have differing views. I will take a look into the topics and see what I can make of them. But they are in forum sections designed to encourage discussion.
Perhaps get involved with the Alton Towers discussions before leaving us all together? Id hate to think you're opinion of TS is based upon the non Alton sections.

Well that's a shame though i would suggest taking some time to think about it, i assume your issues have come about from the Corner Coffee debates which are always a heated environment. My one concern is you have felt these things but haven't as far as i am aware contacted the team. If you ever feel that a situation is unpleasant its always worth getting in touch. We may not stop the discussion that is occurring but we can always talk about things and maybe put minds at rest.

I will say to everyone else there is never no matter the difference of opinion the need for unfriendly-ness and snobbery, it isn't big nor clever

Anyway if you do decide to go farewell.

Know I speak for the community when I say gutted to hear that you feel that way! :(

You should be more than aware that if any member's done anything to upset you, or which you perceive as snobbish or unfriendly, PLEASE do contact the team! That's why we're here; more than anything we want this community to be one where people feel happy.

Always here if you want us, no shame in coming back, but farewell for now! :)

Re: Leaving thread

If you're going to post in heated and boisterous topics that's fine, but you shouldn't be surprised if people reply to you in the same argumentative and boisterous manner in which you reply to them.

Your posts were just as argumentative as anyone else's in those topics! I suspect what you really mean is "everyone here's left wing and they don't agree with me."

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

These sort of martyr-type topics frequently turn out to be cries out for attention with people re-emerging to post under a new account.

I'm not accusing you of the above, but you'll forgive some people's scepticism - particularly when you've said you'll remain here in a passive manner.

All I can say is basically what others have said, you should not be offended by contrasting viewpoints or hold negative feelings against people because they disagree and challenge some of your points.

Despite the countless debates I pursue fervently, often over several pages, I don't hold grudges against anyone for arguing back. Indeed, I don't even pay much attention to the names of people that post things unless I need to address them personally.

In a nutshell, take a more laid-back approach and de-sensitise yourself from people that simply have strongly-minded views.

It's a shame to see someone leave so early on with the creation of TowersStreet.

Heated debates are just that, heated. So strong views and opinions will always form, for me that's a beautiful thing about forums. We all have strong views that differ from one another and I find it fascinating to learn of someone elses view(s), it gives a wonderful insight into things that you may have not looked at in a particular way before.

By entering these discussions you are bound to get highly involved with the debate/discussion. There's no reason to get upset about it though, or to turn nasty. It's their views after all and you have your own. There's no right or wrong.

As mentioned by other team members, if at any time you feel like other members are taking it personal against you just contact the team! We are here to ensure all members have an enjoyable time using the site, and if at any time you feel uncomfortable with the way some members act then we can resolve any issues you have. Everything is kept confidential within the team and we can be there to help you with any problems you have with the site or community.

Hopefully you'll come back. The community here is very friendly. Don't just base heated debates on TowersStreet members being 'unfriendly' and 'snobbery', those discussions are designed to get very deep and debatable.

BigT said:
Ok I know this towers street forum is new and shouldn't need this topic but I think it needs starting.
I can no longer be bothered with this forum due to the snobbery and unfriendliness.

Do you mean like this?

BigT said:
I think I need to dish a history lesson out, but I can't be arsed tbh.
BigT said:
Are you two for real or are you like some kind of comedy left wing act, Jesus I'm sure on the campus your act goes down a storm but in the real world your going to get crucified.

You're right, maybe the forum is full of snobbery and unfriendliness. :(

Well thanks for the comments especially from the team.
Also thanks for the concern about me being upset but I think you may have got me mixed up with someone who gives a stuff.
The reason I said I would no longer post was not that I was upset by your comments, I just can't be bothered debating with people who just pick up on small errors and then try and discredit people, it is sixth form politics.
Anyway I am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face so will now post on the theme park side of things as this is where my interest is tbh.
I may still post on other stuff if I feel strongly about it though so watch your back meat pie. (only kidding)

Oh and Sam if your trying to bully me, word of warning, don't.

As much as it pains me to say this Sam's post above is valid in pointing out that there is faults on both side.

As for the whole matter of heated debate I had a similar discussion with Terminator shortly after the TTF split. As I said to him don't judge the whole forum on the debate topics alone and especially don't make it your first or main experience of the forum. People act diffidently in these topics and if I'm honest I don't like the attitude that comes with it. Even if it's not meant to be offensive it often provokes an argumentative response, not something that’ll leave you in a good mood.

BigT said:
Oh and Sam if your trying to bully me, word of warning, don't.

Isn't it these kind of threats that you're complaining about in your initial post? I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy of complaining about unfriendliness after saying some pretty unfriendly and derogatory things yourself.

Erm perhaps a little un-needed on both sides here.

Big T - its great to see you back, and I hope you enjoy the theme park side more, its certainly less controversial (unless you ask about airs tunnel).

Sam - I can see your point, but if you feel aggrieved by comments please contact a staff member.

--

As a side note I absolutely HATE to see the word bully used online, it is a very serious accusation and one that should not be made lightly. I speak for the rest of the team when I say repeated attacks on individuals will not be tolerated, neither will misuse of that word for minor disagreements.
Please remember this is a community where we welcome everyone and that strong words (as do strong topics) cause issue and controversy.

Sorry for butting in,

If you didn't like people disagreeing with you and get upset by it... why argue?

If you didn't want to get 'bullied' why start a overly dramatic thread accusing everyone on this forum of snobbery and unfriendlyness.

Sorry but I'm a little insulted and upset to see someone blame the community just because you've had a disagreement with a couple members. It's the same as stating teenagers are all troublesome chavs, Or bikers are dangerous irritating squids on superbikes. There's no reason to punish the majority for the acts of the minority.

Fredward said:
Sorry for butting in,

If you didn't like people disagreeing with you and get upset by it... why argue?

If you didn't want to get 'bullied' why start a overly dramatic thread accusing everyone on this forum of snobbery and unfriendlyness.

Sorry but I'm a little insulted and upset to see someone blame the community just because you've had a disagreement with a couple members. It's the same as stating teenagers are all troublesome chavs, Or bikers are dangerous irritating squids on superbikes. There's no reason to punish the majority for the acts of the minority.

I don't mean to be rude but can you read, I said I don't give a stuff about people disagreeing with me.
But I didn't see the point in posting on a site where some people try portray you as some kind of BNP activist.
I don't believe I ever blamed the whole community as it was only a few members, the usual suspects who are always unwelcoming to anyone slightly different to them, if you look at my posts I was friendly to start with.
Anyway I don't intend to post on topical subjects anymore as I may say something I later regret.

Can you both leave arguments of this nature out of the forums, tit for tat stuff doesn't add anything to the debate and just starts to look silly.

Simply put if you engage in a debate expect heated dissagreement but on the flip side members should not make demons out of their opponent in a discussion and should avoid personal insults.

I agree Dave and I'm trying to be civil about things, but some people are intent on trying to wind me up.
I've said I was a little hasty in leaving and now I intend to stay around, I wasn't being over dramatic or calling for self pitty when I started this thread is was just about saying goodbye.
It was hoped a small few members might learn from it but time will tell.
I don't intend to post on this thread anymore now I wish to move on.

Edit: as there is now no need for this thread as I've said I am now going to stick around I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be locked.

Topic has now been locked (by another member of the team).

A little polite note that if we could all act like adults when talking to one another and not throw childish comments around at one other. As Dave has said too, personal comments should be avoided - take consideration for others in before you post when things get heated. :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.