• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Libertyland USA - New Theme Park

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Details of a new theme park set to open in South Dakota have been revealed, as reported by Blooloop. The new park, Libertyland USA, will form part of a wider family entertainment and residential destination and is set to open in 2026.

Concept art of the park:

Storyland-Studios-LIBERTYLAND-USA-768x432.jpg

Masterplan of the whole development:

Storyland-Studios-LIBERTYLAND-USA-map.jpg

The look of the park definitely gives me some DCA VIBES! Not the most accessible of locations for those of us this side of the pond, but should be an interesting one to follow.

This is near Mount Rushmore which obviously as a popular tourist spot, they seem have picked a smart location. But otherwise it's in one of the least densely populated parts of the US so I'm not sure how sustainable this can be, even with the non-park developments

This is near Mount Rushmore which obviously as a popular tourist spot, they seem have picked a smart location. But otherwise it's in one of the least densely populated parts of the US so I'm not sure how sustainable this can be, even with the non-park developments

You could say the same for Silver Dollar City really, and that's doing just fine!

You could say the same for Silver Dollar City really, and that's doing just fine!

True, but isn't Branson a big tourist destination even without taking SDC into account? As Bart said, it's basically Vegas if it was ran by Ned Flanders :p

For comparison, Branson gets about 5 times as many tourists as Rushmore does

Always wanted to visit that part of the world, due to an interest in Native American history. This gives me more incentive to do so! Wonder if there's been any pushback from their community?

Looks great anyway, one to keep an eye on.