• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lightwater Valley - Date 6th or 7th Sep TBC / Before Whirlwind Goes :(

pritchardavid

TS Member
Would anyone be interested in trip to Lightwater Valley?

Maybe on the 6th or 7th in September?

We need to go before Whirlwind goes :(

Last edited:
I could potentially do the 7th. Getting down there would be very tricky for me, though.

I've been craving a bit of Ultimate all season. But getting there from London when you don't drive is nigh on impossible. :'(
We'd need to do some carpooling. @AshleeKel, If @Kelpie is available and willing to drive (that's the tricky part), You would be welcome to come with us. Unfortunately, I highly doubt she will have the time off.

I think this might be possible for me. I'll probably drive it, but would like to car-share to keep fuel costs down. I'll be driving from Stockport so could pick up there. Leeds or Wakefield Westgate are also possibilities.

Ah good, thought I might not be the only one :)

I can drive, its not a problem, if easier

For you @DiogoJ42 / @Kelpie?, you would just need to get to the other side of London like (Upminster Station, is a good spot) or get to somewhere like Luton Parkway (That's normally where I pickup Ashlee and Mike)

And of course same place like normal for you @AshleeKel :)

@John, should be able to pick you up along the way, if that helps too depending if kelpie is joins us in the car? (Unless people don't mind being a little camped with 3 in the back)

@Kelpie can't make it as she is off on yet another canal barge with her Guiding mates. Traditionally I have always blagged a lift with @Mattmash to LWV, but he doesn't know if he can make it yet (besides, that requires me getting a train to Newark). So I may take you up on that offer, @pritchardavid!

(Is this topic going to set a record for the most ammount of users tagged? :p )

Last edited:
If it's the 6th then colour me interested (and would I be able to take the offer of the lift from Stockport if you're driving, @John? ). I haven't been to Lightwater for at least ten years and therefore I need to acquire a certain Ultimate cred...

I'm not quite sure whether I'd be able to do this yet, but if it goes ahead does anybody fancy doing the North Yorkshire Moors Railway on the other day of the weekend as suggested ages ago?

I would have been interested in a FL/LWV weekend but not until later in September :(

Not been to either park since September 2010 and there's quite a lot of new developments I would like to cast my eyes on.

It seems the red train on Ultimate is currently very broken, so if this meet goes ahead I'd avoid the Saturday - the queue was apparently 90 minutes yesterday.

The park was packed on Wednesday, one train on the ultimate, we waited until last thing to do the ultimate, one row of the Blue train isn't working as well, we queued for an hour for the ride, Raptor attack queue was at least 90 mins, and so I didn't get a chance to do that!