• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London eye - Breakdown.

Towerslover

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Icon
Reports on Twitter tonight of the London eye breaking down, apparently people have been stuck for 4 hours and are still on it? There official Twitter account has released some tweets regarding it, anyone know anything. It has not become 'news' yet. Just what Merlin needs

Apologies if this is the wrong thread!

Seems to be back up and running anyone know how long it was down for. If it was the rumoured '4 hours' I wouldn't want to be on it for that long!

All guests now off. Looks like it's taxis or hotels for guests who were planning on travelling home tonight.

Sounds like a great opportunity to take some amazing photos to me.

No doubt the Mirror will have a field day.

They have to find something to moan about, don't they? The emergency pack didn't contain milk for babies? What did you expect, a freshly squeezed cow each morning for every pod? How about you keep your snivelling little brat at home until they are a functioning human being? Or at the very least be a prepared parent and bring that stuff with you.

That said, Merlin didn't call the emergency services? Given the recent report in to the Smiler incident, I find this shocking. Merlin is not a company I will ever be able to trust with safety.

They have to find something to moan about, don't they? The emergency pack didn't contain milk for babies? What did you expect, a freshly squeezed cow each morning for every pod? How about you keep your snivelling little brat at home until they are a functioning human being? Or at the very least be a prepared parent and bring that stuff with you.

That said, Merlin didn't call the emergency services? Given the recent report in to the Smiler incident, I find this shocking. Merlin is not a company I will ever be able to trust with safety.

Alright parent of the year, calm down. Perhaps they don't mean cows milk but you know that powdered stuff that a lot of babies function on, Im sure the parents would love to lug around crates of the stuff, just in case they unexpectedly get stuck for 4 hours. I mean I know I used to - whenever we left the house, Id pack a shed load more just incase a Merlin attraction decided to conk out for a few hours.
I also used to carry several torches, the main essentials from an ambulance (including a defib with paediatric pads, kendal mint cake (cos its not a survival kit without), a kettle, a solar power lead, an additional wheel for the pram and puncture kit.

Regarding emergency services, did they need to report it? I mean its not like they were in danger (unless there were diabetics or people needing medication) - unless it needed an evacuation (could you even do that?) I can't imagine the emergency services would do much more than just sit and watch then offer some support/comfort to people after.

Yeah emergency services can't really do a lot for London Eye given the location and that majority of passengers are well out of reach... Besides St Thomas is only over the road...

Dunno what people expect in the emergency kits though, given that they sit in there every day... Do people not think that food and milk would spoil slightly?

But how many places do provide baby milk? At best, even a restaurant might provide the ability to heat up baby food you've brought yourself.

You'd be surprised, either milk or some jar food.

From working with Poma years and years ago I recall their ski lift cabins had similar. Water, blankets, baby food, first aid and energy tablets.

I don't understand how safety was comprised by not calling the emergency services? Seems a bit extreme to call in the blues and twos because an oversized ferris wheel broke down for a bit.

However I can't imagine how babies milk in the emergency kit would help. UHT would need to be kept at room temp ( which I'm sure it wouldn't inside there) and powdered would need to be used with sterilised water otherwise it's vomit all over the floor!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk