• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Rd Fire Station Redevelopment - Manchester

Blizzard

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Gotta be Oblivion tbh!
So having walked past this building almost every day the past year, something interesting could come of it. A redevelopment plan has been started which is confirmed to have a "Hotel, signature restaurant, destination bar, event/leisure space, workspace, visitor attraction and spa" is yet to be revealed.
Rumours are that the attraction could be a Dungeons or Madame Tussauds, or something along those lines. Be great to know what peoples thoughts are on this?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-news/london-road-fire-station-tours-11500567

I'll just leave a few pics of the development here:
JS85258117-1.jpg

8dfdcaef-7bb4-4d40-a29f-2866f2591d74.jpg

2895306c-65e5-4976-99c4-204d7caa55c1.jpg

:)

Standard Merlin copy and paste job, then?

Wake me up when they do something interesting.

Standard Merlin copy and paste job, then?

Wake me up when they do something interesting.

Their midways are pretty good quality and most people don't tour the land doing all the dungeons so they don't know or care that elements copy across the different ones.

If it is a dungeons though it is very close to two others so hopefully they wouldn't be stupid enough to do a full carbon copy.

If it is a dungeons though it is very close to two others so hopefully they wouldn't be stupid enough to do a full carbon copy.
Exactly. But let's be honest, all Dungeons have more or less the same features, save for one or two tweaks to slap a "local" legend over the standard scenes.

I feel manchester does need some sort of midway style attraction though, I mean, apart fro the Trafford centre there isn't anything like that in the city at all. If you're a tourist (Of which there is an increasing number) its just museums or shops!

...especially SkyTrack, tried to get on it three times.
First time...sorry it hasn't opened yet.
Second time...sorry technical problems, try again later.
Third time...broken, closed for good.
All in the space of a few months.
I would swear here, but I'm allergic to asterisks.

Gorgeous building, I really hope it isn't wasted on something as tacky and outdated as Shrek.

I feel manchester does need some sort of midway style attraction though, I mean, apart fro the Trafford centre there isn't anything like that in the city at all. If you're a tourist (Of which there is an increasing number) its just museums or shops!
You should try Bristol mate! Why one of the few cities in the UK that has actual Real dungeons beneath it but has no visitor attraction around this is beyond me. It's the city who's docks have been the subject of theming for many a pirate themed land in parks the world over, yet no theme park, midway attractions or anything anywhere near it.

You should try Bristol mate! Why one of the few cities in the UK that has actual Real dungeons beneath it but has no visitor attraction around this is beyond me. It's the city who's docks have been the subject of theming for many a pirate themed land in parks the world over, yet no theme park, midway attractions or anything anywhere near it.

Lets just be thankful both cities aren't going the way brighton is though... Apparently they need a whacking great big 531ft tall British Airways advertisement......

Back on topic, I think its a case of looking at which cities have the most visitors already, it'd be too risky for a company like merlin to open an attraction where high volumes of visitors isn't guaranteed. The fact that manchester has become over the years quite an "international hub", means that potential for future development in the way of tourist attractions is likely!

I just hope whatever happens with this, it won't detract visitors from the historical value the city holds in its architecture, music, science & industrial past!

:)

Weren't Bristol's dungeon cellars used as holding cages for slaves?
Don't think the city would like to dwell on their murky past.
Ace place though, and the coolest of music scenes.

It is possible to handle that kind of subject sensitively. in fact, you could argue that if done right it could be a very respectful and educational attraction.

... Perhaps a Merlin Dungeons would not be the best way to go...

Weren't Bristol's dungeon cellars used as holding cages for slaves?
Don't think the city would like to dwell on their murky past.
Ace place though, and the coolest of music scenes.
Very dark slave riddled history under your feet in the city. But then it's a highly ethnically diverse, left wing city that's fairly at peace with its past of pirates bringing in the plunders and slaves of the commonwealth.

Aren't all the other dungeons pretty much based on pretty murky stuff though?