• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Looping Group- General Discussion

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
As suggested in the Drayton thread, this topic is for discussion related to their owner The Looping Group and their parks.

Just a quick note, when starting a new thread it is best to begin with some thoughts/questions of your own that can then lead to further discussion. Or in a case like this, perhaps a summary of the parks that the Looping Group own and what their plans going forward might be.

I must admit I don't know loads about Looping Group, looks like they have a small portfollio of theme parks across Europe including Drayton Manor, Pleasurewood Hills, Avonturenpark Hellendoorn and Isla Magica.

Pleasurewood Hills wasn't all that great on my last visit, but there are enouraging signs coming from what they are doing at Drayton Manor.

Pleasurewood Hills have invested in food outlets this year with 3 new food outlets opening.

Amigos which is serving Mexican food with burritos, churros and loaded fries on offer, this is located next to the Carousel, it was pit stop food last season but rarely open.

The other two are the galley and Tasty Treasures which will be serving hot dogs, fries and sweat treats, these will be located between Moby Dick and the entrance.

These are in addition to Roosters by the Egg-spress and Smokey Joe's on the corner of Main Street.

From previous experience, Smokey Joe's used to be incredibly busy at peak times with wait time to order in excess of 30 minutes before another 20-30 minute wait to collect the food.

With these new outlets hopefully the demand will be spread across the park a bit more evenly and make people's visits much more pleasurable.

Info from Pleasurewood Place

Pleasurewood Hills has real potential to be a great park. The place is quite spacious and they get some of the best weather found anywhere in the UK in East Anglia. It really does need a lot of investment however. More so than Drayton did which says a lot.

Maybe that will be their goal after DMP has been turned around fully.

i think what looping have done to the park is great but i think what they need is something huge to get more people in to the park

Really nice park Drievliet. The front part is a bit odd as its basically rides on tarmac, but once you went past that it was delightful. Sold a very nice sausage roll as well.

Funny how they’ve not killed of the X Car coaster at that park but did Drayton

Just done some research into looping group. Seems they have some serious funds backing them up.

They’ll likely see some good investment in their parks given the investment co owners tend to spend on capital investment with a view to disposing after 6 years of ownership.

Last edited:
Funny how they’ve not killed of the X Car coaster at that park but did Drayton

Just done some research into looping group. Seems they have some serious funds backing them up.

They’ll likely see some good investment in their parks given the investment co owners tend to spend on capital investment with a view to disposing after 6 years of ownership.
Still for sale at just under £600k for anyone that wants to take it on…