• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Make the Gardens a future attraction once more

I am surprised that the gardens/towers aren't used during the closed season more for big weddings or events. You could have a pretty grand wedding based in the towers, with drinks, etc on the lawns or in a marquee in the gardens. Could be something towers could promote during the closed season and also make them quite a bit of money!

I would love more signs and information about the towers, its a shame that there used to be this years ago, but now there is nothing! There isn't even a proper sign showing you where the entrance to the house is, like there once was.

Now you mention the wedding thing it has always surprised me they never carried on doing them.

During winter especially (when its not busy) ATH would be a great unique wedding venue, and popping over onto the park to do a couple of pictures around the towers and gardens would be lovely - even some of the rides could be used.
Not sure if you've seen it but Drayton Manor do winter weddings and apparently do it very well.
51dd3aff55626.jpg

Im getting off topic aren't I?

I'm sure that if anyone wanted something like that it could be arranged.

For example, There have been numerous proposals on the coasters and in the gardens which have been officially organised.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

GaryH said:
Bit cold in the winter for wedding photos around the gardens isnt it?

Most people put up with cold for wedding photos, lord knows I had to! Standing next to a lake in November with the nip on, pretending to look cheerful (while all the guests had champers next to a big fire!). [/color]

Alton Towers still do weddings (click me), although their wedding packages are made for the conference centre and hotels rather than the theme park. I'm sure if you wished to get married at Alton Towers and spoke to the team that deals with weddings they would be happy enough to work out something within the theme park/Towers/gardens itself.

They don't utilise the historic landscape at the park, I know they have repeatedly had plans to do more with them but I think money keeps getting diverted back to the park.

Shame really as it's one thing they have over nearly all other parks in the world.