• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Minecraft: Theme Park Server

AR12

TS Member
Well.. Hi.
I'm not really new around here but I've just never really spoken much past my first couple days as a member. It's something I want to start doing more though, considering how great the site is ;)

Anyway, I wanted to post something on a new server me and a few others created a couple of weeks ago and seeing as others have posted in this board I'm hoping this will fit in too.
The server, in a nutshell, is similar to that of MCmagic- that is, a server where a group of people have built recreations of parks and then guests come in, explore, play mini-games and buy things using credits.
This server, Theme Park Galaxy, has the following:
-Recreations of parks including Alton Towers and Universal Studios Orlando
-Mini-Games including parkour arenas and the 'lucky dip' game.
-Possible survival arena.

2013-03-22_212924_zps8186bdc7.jpg

The spawn. There are links to each planned park recreation as well as the centre sphere building for warps to mini-games and quests.

2013-03-28_221551_zps4754253d.jpg

A look down Cloud Cuckoo Land, with some cut off due to my slow laptop/internet. For those with extremely good proportion eyesight you may notice that it is not strictly 1:1. But then, it is minecraft ;)

2013-03-29_122005_zpsf2ff10ea.jpg

And lastly for now a night image of Ice Age and Twirling Toadstool, the latter of which is the only current working 'ride' on the server.

Now, this isn't a way for me to advertise the server in a way that some would do on the minecraft forums. As this is an AT based site, and the first recreation underway is Alton Towers, I was wondering if anyone had any advice or even would like to help in making these builds grow. I agree with the mods that this would be the best place to ask first and to also see what you think so far.

So, thanks! If you would like to say anything about what you can see or would like to help, please just comment below.

AR12 (Aaruse)

Cloud cookoo land looks great! The ice age theater looks fantastic. Trustee member Dan has a minecraft server with great replicas of various places and attractions at Alton Towers. I think he's built Oblivion, Th13teen and the towers. Maybe you could merge them together or something. Eventually we could have the whole theme park minecraftafied!

But keep up the good work. I'd love to see a Katanga Canyon. :D

^
Thanks for the support! The towers is something which we are struggling with the most, so if anyone does have any advice/help for it that would be great. Also, I agree with you. I can't wait to get onto Katanga Canyon! ;)

I'm just here with an update with progression over the past few days. It hasn't been moving as quick as I would like, but then with two people working on it, it's understandable.

2013-04-17_214224_zps586dc7fe.jpg

2013-04-17_214250_zps5de586dc.jpg

2013-04-06_162416_zps5ddad4f5.jpg

2013-04-08_194454_zps7a043d39.jpg

2013-04-17_214205_zpscfef024a.jpg

Progress Report-
Cloud Cuckoo Land : 80%
The Towers : 40%
Dark Forest : 5%
The Gardens: 2%
All other areas: 0%

So, that's all folks. I hope you like what you see but remember I really appreciate criticism and comments on how to improve. We are trying to make this as 1:1 scale as possible, to make sure that it is as close to the actual park as we can make it with minecraft limits.

I will also now add again that we are looking for more team members! If you have basic minecraft knowledge in anything and would like to help, please say below.

Thanks,
AR12

Wow a beautifull park!!
I also have a server with an amusement park. Because it looks so good I would like to discuss a possible cooperation with you.

^
Thanks for the interest! I've sent you a pm regarding the second part of your comment.

I thought I'd also share a quick update of progress on the server. We have got a MASSIVE amount done since I last posted here; the progress chart now stands as this-
Cloud Cuckoo Land : 80%
The Towers : 50%
Dark Forest : 40%
The Gardens : 5%
Entrance Plaza : 90%
Towers Street : 50%
All other areas: 5%

2013-05-16_214419_zpscc436c0c.jpg

The park entrance was recently completed, along with a finished monorail station and system and Corkscrew memorial (Seen Below)

2013-05-16_214616_zps48d5b960.jpg

2013-04-22_213030_zpsafd63dcd.jpg

Another highlight, was the completion of the interior scenes of Hex. The ride, which will only run when done so by an operator, has dialogue for both pre-shows alongside some special effects before entering the vault.

Next, as mentioned before, our Alton Towers recreation isn't the only project currently underway. One member of the team; Alexshow, has started his own Universal resort as a custom park.

2013-05-08_184501_zpsb31c13de.png

I realise there's not a massive amount to show on here right now, but if you want to see more and/or would like to work on this project, then I'll remind everyone now that we are looking for staff/testers! Creative and Construction teams, Ride Op, Guest Services and Tester positions are all still available. (Especially anyone who is good with fireworks and/or redstone!)

Thanks,
AR12

I realise there is a fairly low response for this here, but I thought I'd update it again along with the other threads to keep it going.

A small update, but a great progress view;

2013-05-29_204403_zpsff96c144.jpg

This really shows how Towers Street is coming together. We hope to have guests entering the park this way pretty soon too!

Hi guys alexshow if you seen one of our posts here he showed something of mine. what you saw was my take on flight of the hippogriff and I'm coming on here for many posts to get the ball moving because Ar12 has been working like a maniac but i'm a little slow with my work and one who perfects it. now i'm here to give 2 maze announcement's For universal Halloween Horror Night's for the park and both of these are properties of games. now one i'll update later with a video on the maze so with no further inturption let's announce the first of two mazes behind potter and transformers. the first one is Return to silent hill.

Return to silent hill is a sequel to Welcome to silent hill and uses new scene's and a new look at the games. and takes you to hell. Literaly.

Now onto the last announcement of the park.

The Walking Dead: Welcome to hell is a sequel taking place in season three in the prision and woodbury as you survive not only the walking dead but the governor and his assistant's.

dare to enter these two houses then step up to Halloween horror nights I: The Gate's of hell.

Universal studios minecraft official opening date.

Hey guy's alex and tonight we are announcing 2 thing's and it's not just the release date. tonight the park will officialy open on Augest 10 and also Audition's for Halloween Horror night's for voice work For Bill and Ted's xcellent Halloween adventure! And slaughterworld. also the voice work will also count for waterworld: the live sea war spectacular. also for the grinchmas tree lighting show.

Also when opening of the park 2 section's for phase 2 will have space like the tram plaza and also which was for phase II Springfield with the entire area complete for opening day. more on Springfield in the future. also be warned on july 16 a new announcement will finally appear on halloween horror night's surrounding a maze or 2.