• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mini meet: BPB, 23rd Feb

John

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Weekends in Feb sees the return of half price wristbands at BPB, so I'm taking the opportunity to ride some of Europe's best classic woodies along with some not so spectacular steel coasters. Ride the tallest, fastest, steepest roller coaster in Blackpool! Experience the terror of Europe's only wooden wild mouse coaster! Get obscenely wet in near-freezing weather on Valhalla before making the ill-informed decision of trying to dry off on Ice Blast or Flying Machines! Try to work out how many illegal substances were consumed in the creation of the Alice Ride! All this and more at the UKs premier amusement park!

Opening times: 11-5 (staggered opening of rides TBC)
Online price: £17.50

Who's going
1. John
2. AstroDan
3. Adam James
4. Sam G
5. Mike
6. Vik

Maybe?
1. Jordan

I've barely been to what sounds like a most magnificent park this year. Count me in :)

Dan is now booking a room at Warrington Lymm travelodge for £19 as it's pretty much the same price as driving back to AstroTowers and then up to Alton the next day.

Anyone planning on driving to this meet from further afield may want to look into this option too. There is currently one space available in our room, though I believe a couple of people have expressed an interest.

Sam G is taking the space in the room. I have two further spaces in my car from Astro Towers up to Blackpool, then back to Alton Towers the next day (and to a station after close on the Sunday) - if anyone wishes it.

Hotel rooms are £19.00, so you'd need to book and share one of those if you wanted a space!

:)

I'll have to see what I can do as the price of a hotel on top of this makes it a bit iffy...potentially though!

Magrathea said:
I'll have to see what I can do as the price of a hotel on top of this makes it a bit iffy...potentially though!

If you can share the hotel room with another, it's only going to be £9.50 each! And, by the time you consider the extra in fuel that would be required to drive back to Rugeley and then Alton Towers the next day, you'd be literally looking at an extra £5 or so per person.

So the plan is BPB on 23rd and AT on 24th.

Sounds tempting, as it will be my first chance to visit AT this year, and I do miss wooden coasters, so BPB is appealing.

Have to check bank fund first though.

Ian

Ah, just realized, that I am going to be in a Box on the 23rd, so wont be able to make BPB. Should still be able to do AT on 24th.

Ian

Looking forwards to this! If anyone else wishes to come, it isn't too late - wristbands are £17.50 online.

Don't forget, we're also off to Alton Towers on Sunday.

I was trying to get a way fathomed out to get to this.

Alas, and thankfully for you guys ;D I failed.

Have a fantastic time though!

Have a great day tomorrow guys! I'll be in Blackpool but it's for the football, Leicester play there!