• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Most relaxed and most stressful theme parks

While I’m not the biggest fan of the place (it’s fine, but it’s not my favourite), I always find Efteling to be pretty chill. Their midnight opening were a really nice, easy day. Good VIBES 😉

EP, naturally, if you go with the mindset of being on holiday is also very laid back.

I’m past the point of getting stressed at Towers, but I don’t think any of the UK Merlin RTPs are all that relaxing as a regular day guest.

Phannyland, as much as I love the place, can also be a bit of a stress on a busy day. Mainly this is due to the crowding the park suffers with when there’s a moderately high number of guests in it.

Magic Kingdom is deffo on that list too, as others have said. I don’t find it a particularly pleasant place to be in. Getting around always feels like you’re pushing through the crowds, in my experience. By contrast, while it doesn’t attract the same gate figures, Parc Disneyland tends to cope so much better with crowd dispersion. Even if one path is busy there’s usually a quieter route available. When you look at DLP as being designed to address the challenges Disneyland and Magic Kingdom both faced, you can really appreciate it with things like this.

Ultimately, you can make a day at any park as stressful or relaxing as you want. If you’re going to spend all day on edge twitching about long queues and getting on everything, even EP could become stressful. Likewise, if you’re totally chill and go with the flow you’ll probably have a more relaxing time. Thorpe Park can be hell on Earth, but I’m very much at the point where if a ride dies when I’m there or a queue is spilling out of the entrance due to operational issues, I just point and laugh at how tragic the situation is! It’s certainly easier to do that when you’re a repeat visitor though. For once-in-a-lifetime type parks or first visits, you’re probably going to be more sensitive towards these issues.

Least stressful/ most relaxing

Towers and Europa Park..

Most stressful

Legoland Windsor/. Chessington

LLW and Chessington have swapped places, one used to be a nightmare with low capacity rides and no investment while the other was a nice day out but now it's the other way around

All depends when you visit. Go to Chessington on an off-peak weekday and you'll wonder what all the fuss is about. Visit on a peak day on the other hand...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414-141403.png
    Screenshot_20220414-141403.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 22
Weirdly, I don't remember Chessington being phenomenally busy when I went back in July 2014, and that was during the summer holidays.

Admittedly, things could have changed since 2014, or I could be misremembering seeing as it was 8 years ago, but I don't remember it being overtly crowded.

Those queue times would beg to differ, however...

How that Coaster Force poster can accuse Towers of being a stressful day out when Chessington and LLW exist in the very same country is beyond me.
AT can be stressful, obviously it depends on what you're hoping to achieve as part of your day out. If you are a passholder and the end goal is to ride two rides and get plastered in the tavern you're likely to have quite a chill day. However I took my father on a Wednesday in August back in 2018 and it was pretty stressful with long queues and a lot of ride closures (no rapids all day, Duel kept breaking down). We were limited to family rides due to my dad's heart condition, which gave us scant options, and I just remember endlessly walking between Duel and Katanga Canyon trying to find something we could actually ride! Pretty frustrating especially as we'd paid a decent amount for entry tickets.

Any day at any theme park can be stressful if the park is rammed and you are there for one day to get everything done.

That same park can be the total opposite if dead. For example, @Enter Valhalla says that Six Flags Magic Mountain is the most stressful park they've visited, yet I went on two dead days in 2019 and they were probably two of the least stressful days I have ever had in theme parks.

Any day at any theme park can be stressful if the park is rammed and you are there for one day to get everything done.

That same park can be the total opposite if dead. For example, @Enter Valhalla says that Six Flags Magic Mountain is the most stressful park they've visited, yet I went on two dead days in 2019 and they were probably two of the least stressful days I have ever had in theme parks.
So it's got nothing to do with the park itself and everything to do with other people then!

L'enfer, c'est les autres.
-- Sartre