• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
So strange seeing Forbidden Valley with almost all of Nemesis now removed. It is going to feel even stranger on the first day of the season! Will be interesting to see how long they wait before putting it back up. Maybe work on the footers will take place in late spring/early summer (good time for concrete work as hopefully not wet) with track and supports arriving onsite late summer!?

A big purple fence with viewing windows is where my money is. I hope we'll be able to see into the site as I'd love to see it in the flesh.

Nobody knows yet what will be happening but I expect fences to be going up.
The monorail, surely it is going to be closed, to put it out of its misery.
Surely it’ll run in 2023. There may be times when it can’t due to work around the site for safety reasons, but I doubt Towers will go a whole season without it.
I would imagine they want the crame work finished by march, footer work during season November rebuild
I’d say quicker than that. My guess is footer work will take half of the season, new track in second half of the season and by Scarefest extensive testing should be happening. Station theming work and other areas need to be done too, so that could happen next closed season or early next year.

Moving on…

This video offers some great views, just like the one Towers did themselves a few years ago (titled “Nemesis like you’ve never seen it before”). Thank heavens for Drones these days. I especially like the end bit where the drone flys over the site. I have watched this several times and paused it to admire the complicated but amazing layout. I often forget how the tunnel before the final corkscrew passes underneath the exit of the station, and also how the tunnel after that passes underneath the brake run! When you’re on the ride you don’t always remember that, it’s only until you watch the ride in action itself you can study its layout more closely. This video angle is also great because as it goes along you can see the first corckscrew in the distance, and the vertical loop too behind the station - just a reminder that the beast is sitting there and it can’t hide completely. 😉 The shot of the final turn before the brake run, which is also seen in earlier shots of the video, is one that is rarely seen, but also a great view.

Many views of Nemesis that you wouldn’t normally see have been seen in various behind the scenes or access all areas pictures. Some are great and I would’ve loved to have done that. It’s only a ride passing through this and that, but to admire it is something. When B&M do inversions of twisted track, they do it beautifully.

That is the one thing that has will always baffled me about rollercoasters inversions. The first is a corkscrew, and the second is a zero G roll. They look the same and to me they are and offer the same experience.

Has anyone ever sat in the front row, waiting to leave the station and seen a train fly over the station? You can just about see it pass, and certainly hear it! If you’re a new rider and see it fly over, it’s certainly something!

I hate to mention the track colour again and I won’t, but what I will say is if it is different, the existing lift hill, station track and will have to be repainted. In a few years it could wear off, showing the existing colour which could look awful.

This view is one that’s hardly seen, and I believe it’s from some of the hardly ever used queueline. What amazes me is how the view of the loop is just about central with the stall turn. Was this an intentional design? I know The Smiler has a few designs with certain elements.

1674252744522.jpeg

Talking of queue lines, does anyone know if part of the refurbishment involves sprucing up some of the queue lines that haven’t been used much over the years? I have never walked around those and some of them look not cared for much, it would be nice if they were.

I haven’t been on Nemesis in nearly 10 years but I love to watch it go round, or just stand and watch at the entire layout. Even if the revamp turns out not to be my taste, there are plenty of memories online I can enjoy.

A quick photo update from today is on our website following some of the team visiting the resort (Thanks Joel, Ian and Sammy!). I'll pop the Nemesis stuff in here, the other stuff you can see on the front page :)

No crane there today, but it sure looks strange with that track missing!
January Update - Nemesis Crane Pad.jpeg

Despite it being Saturday, work was still taking place with cutting torches being used on the column sections

From: https://www.facebook.com/TowersStreet/videos/508738331146383

January Update -  Nemesis Pit Work 1.jpeg
Cut up column sections sit ready to be removed from site
January Update -  Nemesis 4.jpg
January Update -  Nemesis 5.jpg
January Update -  Nemesis 6.jpg
January Update -  Nemesis 7.jpg
January Update -  Nemesis 8.jpg
There's still a couple of sections of track in the work compound too

January Update -  Nemesis 3.jpg
January Update -  Nemesis 2.jpg

A quick photo update from today is on our website following some of the team visiting the resort (Thanks Joel, Ian and Sammy!). I'll pop the Nemesis stuff in here, the other stuff you can see on the front page :)

No crane there today, but it sure looks strange with that track missing!
January Update - Nemesis Crane Pad.jpeg

Despite it being Saturday, work was still taking place with cutting torches being used on the column sections

From: https://www.facebook.com/TowersStreet/videos/508738331146383

January Update -  Nemesis Pit Work 1.jpeg
Cut up column sections sit ready to be removed from site
January Update -  Nemesis 4.jpg
January Update -  Nemesis 5.jpg
January Update -  Nemesis 6.jpg
January Update -  Nemesis 7.jpg
January Update -  Nemesis 8.jpg
There's still a couple of sections of track in the work compound too

January Update -  Nemesis 3.jpg
January Update -  Nemesis 2.jpg

Nice pictures @Craig! Makes a difference from you constantly telling us to stay on topic ;).

If any sections of track were to be kept as part of the themeing these are fairly good candidates. 2 mostly straight sections with a bit of a twist, and a loop section.

I think that if Towers to keep any parts of Nemesis for theming, the Zero-G Roll would be the most interesting and most suitable for use as theming.

Maybe the bits are going to Blackpool to fix the front of Valhalla.
The bits of the big one must be getting to the end of their useful life.

They already rebuilt it and removed the bits of Big One as it was falling down a couple of years post opening I believe

I popped up to Towers yesterday and was impressed to see that they were working on Nemesis on a Sunday. Really no hanging about with getting a lot of the work done before the main season starts.

Also not sure how long they have been there for but some new footers already appear to be onsite:

1D9FBDC6-3315-4F00-9C3B-31DDA50C6550.jpeg

The first buy out days are in 6 weeks and Galactica is usually open so I’d imagine that might be pushing them a little faster as well. It does look very strange seeing Nemesis not there though!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.