• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Alton Towers Resort App

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I can't seem to find anything about it.

Anyway, Towers have finally released their new app; currently only available for iPhone although I think an Android version is due soon.

My own opinion of it is that it's rather pointless. The only thing of use really is the queue times but they already have ridetimes.co.uk for that. I know it's simpler to have it in an app but I don't feel the app offers much more really. Sure it's got some offers and some basic information on the park, but that is literally it. I would have expected a park map at least, if only to try and reduce printing costs on physical maps.

On the plus side it is a lot simpler than the previous app and it does look quite nice. Hopefully they can develop it further over the coming months so that it appears more useful.

:)

The queue times aren't as accurate as on ride times... In that it just says '30-60 mins' for example.

However I wouldn't be surprised if this replaces RideTimes.co.uk after the app launches on Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

also seems a bit pointless. Unlike the old one which was more of a advertising tool, and had little information, this just seems like a way to get you spending.

It just seems to lack very basic things such as a map and a list of rides and descriptions. even some tips or things that are on the paper map!