• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Vekoma concept

I can see Paultons getting a thrilling Vekoma in the coming years. Someone has to bite the bullet.
I'd say Flamingo Land would be the most likely candidate for first UK park to get a New style Vekoma thrill coaster, unless Drayton's 2024 coaster turns out to be one, but I doubt that. Paulton's could also be a contender, although I don't think they would go for anything that is all-out thrill for now. But who knows, Chessington might pave the way for Paultons to get a Family thrill coaster with an Inversion or 2 in the future.

I'd say Flamingo Land would be the most likely candidate for first UK park to get a New style Vekoma thrill coaster, unless Drayton's 2024 coaster turns out to be one, but I doubt that. Paulton's could also be a contender, although I don't think they would go for anything that is all-out thrill for now. But who knows, Chessington might pave the way for Paultons to get a Family thrill coaster with an Inversion or 2 in the future.

It’s hard really to know what Flamingo Land’s future plans are, after all it took them quite a few years to get Sik constructed and running after buying it not from new but unused from another park. I don’t really see them getting something like this Vekoma and I don’t think they even really are in much need of a new coaster any time soon.

Obviously Merlin have already got coasters in the works for their parks so I don’t think we’d see this at one of their parks. So I think it has to be Drayton and Paulton’s as the two most likely parks that could get something like this, though I’m not sure how things stand in terms of space, planning permission, and height restrictions at Paulton’s. Funny thing is though that one of these would work a treat at Blackpool Pleasure Beach if they had the money and the space opened up somehow by removing something else.

Last edited: