• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New York "Vacation" 3rd - 8th August 2012 [Six Flags Great Adventure]

LewisNavex

TS Member
Favourite Ride
EuroSat
So if you have me on Facebook, you would've probably seen my over enthusiastic status' about my unexpected last minute trip to New York! This is my first holiday outside of Europe so it is already hyped up sightseeing wise. But the coaster enthusiast I am, I intend to fit some coasters in as-well!

Six Flags Great Adventure is an obvious candidate with it being home of:

KingdaKa, [The World's Tallest Rollercoaster]

El Toro, [The World's #1 Wooden Rollercoaster*]

Nitro [World's #3 Steel Rollercoaster**]

And other great attractions!

[sub]*Mitch Hawker 2010
**Golden Ticket Awards 2011[/sub]

There will be 6 in my party altogether:
Boy [19] (Older Brother)
Boy [17] (Me)
Boy [15] (Younger Brother)
Girl [13] (Younger Sister)
Woman [43] (Mum)
Man [44] (Dad)

My sister and my Mum are not at all interested in going to six flags and would much rather be exploring New York, my Dad said he would happily take me and any of my siblings that are interested. Currently that is only me, my brothers would like to go but only if it doesn't clash with an activity they want to do that my sister and Mum will be doing.

I understand a bus leaves New York and goes straight to Six Flags through Newark. I have got the tickets and times sorted for that.

I still don't know which day of the holiday I shall visit. I thought I should ask you guys for some advise on which day would be best (quietest). I am 100% up for buying my park tickets online because of the mass price reduction for pre-booked tickets.

I am also interested in buying a fastpass, especially if I'm only going for one day, and I want to experience the front of Kingdaka even if only once! Should I buy a Fastpass? Which one should I buy?

Here are the fastpass options available:

A Regular The Flash Pass allows you to enjoy your day at Six Flags by avoiding long lines at your favorite rides. With a Regular The Flash Pass, you wait as long as everyone else is waiting, but not in line—you can enjoy your free time elsewhere in the park. $45.00

With a Gold The Flash Pass, you enjoy a significant reduction in wait time allowing you to ride more rides with less wait. $80.00

Platinum The Flash Pass allows you to enjoy riding our rides with the least amount of waiting! Consecutive Riding allows you to WAIT ONCE and RIDE TWICE. Quantities are limited. $120.00

I would also be more than happy to hear your advice for going to New York and Six Flags. All advice welcome! :-*

Have fun on your Holiday, Lewis! ;D

For the date that you should go on, I'd say don't do the Saturday (4th) or Sunday (5th). These will most likely be busier than others.

As for the Fastpass, I'd get the Platinum one (If Money is not a worry), if Money is a issue, then just go for the cheapest option if you really wanna ride Kingda Ka.

I'd also suggest doing Green Lantern and Superman first (If you wanna ride them) As the queue for these rides can get really long

Hope this helps though, and once again have fun on your holiday! :)

You've come to the right place, I did this last year!

In terms of days to go, avoid the weekend. I'd say go on the Monday or Tuesday. Also, make sure you get to the bus station nice and early, there will be a lot of people wanting to use the bus so the earlier you get there the more likely you are to be on the first one. Also Port Authority bus station is a bit of a maze!

In terms of the Flash Pass, make sure you get it, it is well worth it. I would say get the Gold Flash Pass, that is what we got. It cuts most of the queue. Select a ride when you first get there, then as soon as you go onto that ride, before boarding, select the next ride. Chances are the you will be able to go to your next ride straight after getting off the current ride, or not long after.

Also make sure you go on the madhouse, Houdini's Great Escape, it's quite a good little ride with a decent pre-show!

:)

If you're in New York, why not add on a trip to Lake Compounce to ride the incredible looking Boulder Dash (about two hours drive) or to the Coney Island Cyclone? :)