• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nick Clegg releases apology video!

GAGrathea

TS Founding Member
Amazed no-one's posted about this yet, so feel free to enjoy the most overdue, patronising and most non-apologetic apology you've ever seen in the world from a man whose every word I once used to lap up :p

Clicky!

Like most other politicians he is full of it. I wish we could know what this coilition would be like if Ming hadn't lost the job or if Chris Huhne or Vince Cable got it instead.

Yes Nick, placing yourself within a faded close up shot and learning a long apologetic speech within one take will make everybody feel better despite the promises you explicitly made are still broken.

I await the Cassetteboy remix with zest :)

Too little too late. The damage has already been done, and it won't be fixed for a VERY long time.

By the looks of the comments so far, I'm not seeing Mr Clegg getting many Christmas cards this year...

I echo the sentiments of the majority.

He's nothing more than a lap dog for Cameron. He's barely seen anywhere in public, and when he is, its usually when he's backed down on a promise he's made and he's about to serve up some pathetic half brained apology.

I hope that video goes viral!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Well I've now actually watched the video and to be honest there isn't much more he can say or do. He admits a mistake and says he will try to regain people's trust - what more can you ask?

Perhaps it'd be easier if you imagined how bad this government would be without the Liberal Democrats' slight influence. I still think they need to show more metal and veto or force through something big to regain support/trust.

I voted for them and am too disappointed, thinking I probably won't vote at all next time, but at least he admits the mistake and apologises - even if it is way too late. However, wouldn't scrapping nuclear weapons, as they also proposed, pay for it?

What he really meant to say...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_3Bqh8ZBAg[/youtube]

I love the fact that they added a pointless vignette around the close ups as though that makes his cringeworthy, condescending platitudes any easier to accept. It may be an apology but it's far too late to induce any more impact than simply people discussing how incredibly insincere it appears - as we are here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDjRZ30SNo[/youtube]

Ha.

Just me, or does Nick seem to be saying he's sorry for making promises in the first place rather than sorry he abandoned them at the first sight of an executive wage and job title?

The only honourable thing the Lib Dems can do now is to pull out of government and watch the minority Tory government crumble.

Certainly the way I read it is "I'm sorry for having a decent policy in the first place, we promise it won't happen again!"

I made this little thing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lojw4H0EHxA&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Far less polished than I had intended but considering my primary tool was windows movie maker, I think it came out ok!