• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

No Limits Coaster Experiment G Pictures and Vertical Climb Video (5-9-12)

RyanY

TS Member
I got bored yesterday so I thought I'd start a No Limits coaster that I haven't seen done before, thats not saying it hasn't been done before, but I haven't seen it been done. :)

Anyway, it's based on a real coaster model and here are some teasers.

7837945864_f6cbc46859_c.jpg

7837946256_b5f2f43c37_c.jpg

I will probably put this up for download and I will hopefully get this made into RCT3 CT, but that will take a while. :)

Can you guess what type of coaster this is? ;)

Re: No Limits Coaster Teaser Pictures.

Where is the station? And is it a Gerst Eurofighter?

Needs a lot more nodes on most of the track. Things like the drop, pull out, air hill especially. Just so you have more control and make it smoother.

Also, PRE-FABS!!!!11!11! ;)

The station is on the far right of the first picture and no it's not a Gerstlaurer Eurofighter. :)

And my tracks don't work well with a lot of nodes and the drop, pull out and the air time hill are some of the smoothist parts of the track. (Suprisingly) :) And sorry for asking but Pre-Fabs?

RyanYoxall said:
And sorry for asking but Pre-Fabs?

The supports that come with the game (like Single or Box support). Although, there's only a couple, so it doesn't matter too much. The loop could do with a more "tear drop" shape, and the air-time hill could have a tighter radius at the top.

Looks like a good layout though, quite different from things I've seen before.

Ah, OK. There's only 3 in game supports on the whole track and thats because I couldn't get the ones I made to look any good in them area's. :)

And thank you for the advice. :)

That's a great looking Zierer you have there :)

Re: No Limits Coaster In Game Pictures

Thanks Danny. :)

Here are some pictures of the coaster in game.

7844551552_5feae22f30_c.jpg

7844553516_b56bba81e1_c.jpg

Hope you approve of the improvements I made to the loop. :)

7844555490_8c70173655_c.jpg

7844557514_1dc5fc6cc3_c.jpg

Hope you like, and if your in any doubt what type of coaster this is, the colour scheme should help. ;)

Ohai Wicked! :p

Looks like a great coaster.

But, to be hyper critical, the coaster is over-supported in place. There only needs to be that many supports in a two rail track:

g390i3m0rjk0069cn0mf9u.jpg

But still looks great.

Re: No Limits Coaster Experiment G (4-9-12)

Thanks Nick. :)

Here is another No Limits Coaster that I have been working on.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8qISVXLCRc&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

Experiment G is a Maurer Sohne X-car that can shift 720+ people per hour, this is the first coaster that has custom No Limits supports that I have fully completed.

If you want to download this then just drop me a PM. :)

Hope you like it, I will try and post some pictures soon.

Re: No Limits Coaster Experiment G (4-9-12)

Here are the pictures I promised you. :)

X-carexperiment-120905173857002.jpg

X-carexperiment-120905173916003.jpg

X-carexperiment-120905173929004.jpg

X-carexperiment-120905173951005.jpg

X-carexperiment-120905173956006.jpg

X-carexperiment-120905174024007.jpg

X-carexperiment-120905174029008.jpg

X-carexperiment-120905174035009.jpg

X-carexperiment-120905174047010.jpg

Hope you like it. :)

And here is the video of the Zierer, it's called Vertical Climb. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Bt3EXZLMk&feature=plcp[/youtube]

My honest opinion's:

Experiment G is too long, the trackwork is very RCT (the use of "continuous rolling" will help here), the pull out for the first drop needs to start earlier, the drop shouldn't be vertical for too long, the MCBR slow down the train too much and some of the bends have much too large a radius.

I prefer Vertical Climb, which has better pacing and length and better trackwork (although there are quite a few major pumps that must be addressed). However, there are still similar issues with pull outs and bends.

However, I do like the supports- although, to improve supports more like this:

lbnbbigsh7013hi0033tbg.jpg

Notice how the track connectors change, and the footer connectors are vertical (if you get what I mean).

This may all sound horribly negative and critical, but it's better putting it blunt so you improve.