• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oktoberfest 2024

venny

TS Member
There doesn’t appear to be a thread for this year’s event, with it starting in only a few weeks time.

Judging by the newly released information, the tent seems to be making a return to the lawns, but there is no mention at all of anything happening in the Courtyard. The main focus of the page on the website now seems to be selling you either expensive sausages or even more expensive VIP packages. “Axe throwing and a focus on diversifying the food offering” doesn’t really sound like the key to a great event. Worryingly,

I get the distinct impression that this is yet another downgrade to the events lineup. I hope I’m wrong.

It’s great to see a tent being added. As that will definitely help the event when it’s wet and will certainly help the lawns as well.

Lets hope the courtyard doesn’t get removed as it was popular in there and was a much different atmosphere to the front lawns.

Biggest issue with the food on the lawns is the lack of pass discount as none of it is Aramark, as it’s all ran by Carvery and Grill.

There doesn’t appear to be a thread for this year’s event, with it starting in only a few weeks time.

Judging by the newly released information, the tent seems to be making a return to the lawns, but there is no mention at all of anything happening in the Courtyard. The main focus of the page on the website now seems to be selling you either expensive sausages or even more expensive VIP packages. “Axe throwing and a focus on diversifying the food offering” doesn’t really sound like the key to a great event. Worryingly,

I get the distinct impression that this is yet another downgrade to the events lineup. I hope I’m wrong.

I’m not sure how we can judge an event so negatively before we have even seen it? Judging by all the events this year from “Pirates take over” they have been a huge step up.

This is very Glass half empty. Axe throwing and the huge tent set up on the lawns, will be a welcome addition to add to the atmosphere of such a great event in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure how we can judge an event so negatively before we have even seen it? Judging by all the events this year from “Pirates take over” they have been a huge step up.

This is very Glass half empty. Axe throwing and the huge tent set up on the lawns, will be a welcome addition to add to the atmosphere of such a great event in my eyes.

One would have thought they’d have mentioned the courtyard in their marketing if it was going to form part of the event. They have in previous years, which is why I think there’s a distinct chance it may not return.

Like I say, I hope I’m wrong, but if we’re not allowed to speculate and form opinions on that speculation, you might as well close down half of the threads on the forum.

One would have thought they’d have mentioned the courtyard in their marketing if it was going to form part of the event. They have in previous years, which is why I think there’s a distinct chance it may not return.

Like I say, I hope I’m wrong, but if we’re not allowed to speculate and form opinions on that speculation, you might as well close down half of the threads on the forum.
I agree, now they have a covered area on the lawns, maybe they think the courtyard with its covered area isn't needed for entertainment anymore? A shame if it doesn't return because although I spent more time on the lawns than in the courtyard, there was certainly a more relaxed and 'grown up' vibe to that area whenever I was in there.

Seems the Bierkeller show with Rob Burton is only on during 7pm close dates this year, he’s not scheduled during Mon-Thurs.

All I want to know is: will there be currywürst this time‽

There was last year I think.

Looking at this years event the positives:

1) 7pm close returned for weekends
2) Lawn tent, they have been fairly lucky with the weather the last few years but it isn’t guaranteed so this is a plus.
3) Some new entertainment.

Negatives

1) Loss of the courtyard stage.

I liked the two separate venues but will have to wait and see what the impact of that is on the feel of the event.

I expect a large reason for the courtyard not being part of the event this year is about management of guests - ourselves included. Not everyone is there for Oktoberfest, so having an outdoor dining area excluded from the event gives space for those who don’t care much for it.

And we know how rowdy the courtyard can get after a few beers…

There was last year I think.

Looking at this years event the positives:

1) 7pm close returned for weekends
2) Lawn tent, they have been fairly lucky with the weather the last few years but it isn’t guaranteed so this is a plus.
3) Some new entertainment.

Negatives

1) Loss of the courtyard stage.

I liked the two separate venues but will have to wait and see what the impact of that is on the feel of the event.
There was? I couldn't find it!

Is it likely to be busy tommorow, potentially doing an impromptus trip?

EDIT: with it being the start of Oktoberfest

Last edited:
When they announced ‘axe throwing’ as part of Oktoberfest I did wonder how they had got that past the H&S folks - handing out axes to guests on a field full of hundreds of people.

Turns out this is how…the ‘axes’ are foam.

IMG_7426.jpeg

Is this free? It’s a nice fun addition looks like they added quite a few new bits this year.

Surely you didn't expect anything to be free in a Merlin park? Especially a game, I don't think they are free anywhere.

Can anyone confirm if they have currywürst? And what beers are available?
Ta.