• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Olympia Looping construction

Bear

TS Member
Look at what I just found on Google Earth:

Olympiaconstruction_zps008f726d.png

A broader view of the general area, showing more trucks full of track:

Olympiaconstruction2_zps4b74768a.png

I must admit, I squee'd a little bit on discovering this! Go to Oktoberfest on Google Earth, roll the timeline thing back to 17/8/2011, and have a look for yourself! If you look back to previous Augusts and Septembers, you can see other rides being constructed too, but I can't determine which ones they are.

If they can get this up in a week, SW7 should fly up.

Seriously, Olympia Looping has an official site! It's got a few facts and figures about the transporting of the ride and such.

There's also a calendar of it's appearances, if you want to torture yourself! :p

3000 PPH?!?!?!?!!!!

Sod a B&M, Intamin or Gerst, Alton need to get this baby bought and built!

Paris BTM only gets 2500pph and that has a duel station, so I strongly doubt this gets any higher than that.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Sam said:
Paris BTM only gets 2500pph and that has a duel station, so I strongly doubt this gets any higher than that.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

28 passenger trains on 34 second dispatches, that is absolutely possible on Schwarzkopf rides!

To achieve 3000/hour the total ride time including loading must be under 168s (33.6 x 5 trains). POVs suggest the train is moving for around 140s, which would give 28s in the station. Europa Park prove that this is entirely possible, and the short block sections on OL mean that sub 35s dispatch intervals are entirely safe.