• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Opening times

it wouldnt suprise me if its all down the cost (they may have to pay staff more after 6:00 im not sure) But i think 6:00 is a good time to close. On a personal note i live near leeds and the traffic around Derby and belper is horrific at rush hour time. This maybe why the park closes as people will be looking to eat the rush hour at around 4:30 anyway. Yes i would love tospend more time whilst im there but for those of us who live 2/3/4 hours away the day of walking around queueing is tiring enough without the fag of driving home aswell.

I can see why its also a ploy to get people into the hotel. Keep them spending there and then, but do the park also give people in local B&B's a discount. The amount of people stopping there most be huge and although they are not at the hotel spending surely it would be wise if they say to the owners. "we will give people who book tickets through you a discount greater then that on the website" badda bing badda boom get people staying longer. Good for local business and for them.

Opening times maybe also down to the Roper case coming up. Looking to show that they are doing there best to limit noise etc etc. if they have a noisey summer would fuel there case even more

Two things I've noticed with the opening times, which could be errors...

Friday 18th October is a 9pm close & Monday 4th November to Thursday 7th November are 5pm, in past seasons these would be 4pm...

Which may suggest Scarefest could start on the Friday...