• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Original Plan for SW8 - Forbidden Valley Wooden Coaster

For some, the fact it was not just a woodie but nearby where the Cross Valley Coaster would have been (at least the turn around section) would have brought back some unpleasant memories for a certain few who could easily mistake these plans as Towers trying again of putting a wooden coaster in about the same area and would have rejected it.

Plus, to add to the above of how a woodies could have fitted into Forbidden Valley, I have no clue but then again how could a giant Cross Valley wooden coaster could have fitted in not just Ug Land but also Forbidden Valley in which you start to question if they thought things through never mind actually trying to build it in the first place though oddly it might have themed well into Dark Forest funnily enough.

I have no clue but then again how could a giant Cross Valley wooden coaster could have fitted in not just Ug Land but also Forbidden Valley
Somewhat off topic, but if it had been built, technically the Cross Valley Woodie wouldn't really have been in either Ug Land or Forbidden Valley as we know them.

The station end of the ride would have been entirely outside the area used for either Ug Land or Dark Forest, out in the woods behind where the entrance to Thirteen is. Meanwhile, in Forbidden Valley, to a large extent you wouldn't really be able to see the woodie from most of the area. It would only really have been viewable from the Air Entrance Plaza, otherwise it would have been hidden by Air's station building/shop.

Honestly I think this looks like it would have been a real eyesore. If I've got the location correct it would have blocked the lead up to both Nemesis and Galactica. In the formers case completely blocking the sight-line between Sub-Terra and the Nemesis sign.
This would have been to Forbidden Valley what Rita was to UG Land.

I don't see how the site of the Blade makes for a good coaster station. Not unless they genuinely have the opportunity to build into the valley or it's a really compact design like the Thunder Looper. Also as discussed elsewhere the park seriously lacks filler attractions and this would have occupied both the site of Ripsaw and the Blade.

As it is I think Forbidden Valley is very close to being a well rounded themed area of the park. 2 major coasters, 1 dark ride, space for 2 flat rides. I'm not against a 3rd coaster being added but not at the cost of loosing one of the existing attractions.
I completely agree with this. This would have been putting a coaster into an area simply because they identified some space where one could technically fit. Remembering that this would have had a wooden structure which is very visually obtrusive compared to steel. It would have dominated the area and looked ugly. All that for a layout that didn't look that interesting beyond the launch and inversion USP.

It just smacks of wanting something, pulling out the maps where it is technically possible and then putting a pin down. They wanted an Intamin Accelerator in 2005 as it was the next big thing. Rita smacks of wanting one for commercial reasons as it's "the next big thing", designing a layout of such a coaster that could not breach the tree line, then holding right click over its layout and moving the mouse around until it fit somewhere.

If they must build a coaster in that area in the future (they shouldn't), I would hope that it would be sympathetic to the aesthetics of the area somewhat and be a needed addition rather than just finding room to build something. That area already suffers from a lack of flats and the intrusion of the ugly NST building and the last thing it needs is a USP driven woodie built on top of it.

A short, unremarkle yet inclusive and enjoyable woodie was built on a far more appropriate site and dressed with an iconic structure, a pre show and decent theming. As long as they look after it in the long term, I feel WM will prove to be a far better investment than this headline grabbing alleged alternative.