• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Personal Future Theme Park (and Ride) Goals

Leigh

TS Member
Favourite Ride
EGF
I was thinking about the topic @Matt N created around 2023 in review, and realised that there wasn’t anywhere to discuss any future goals we might have - whether they be for the coming year, or long into the future. Could be anything, like wanting to do X number of new coasters over the coming year, or wanting to hit a specific count, or to go and hunt down some weird and unique travelling coaster or flat ride.

In my case, I’ve got 2 goals for 2024; one pretty boring, the other that’ likely to pose a challenge. The boring one is to try and get 100 unique credits, which I came pretty close to in 2023. The more challenging one is that I’m aiming to do a wholly new unique park every month in 2024 (and I mean every month) - something that’s going to be a bit difficult in the back end of the year I feel, but I’ve got it planned!

Either way, I’m curious to hear what other people’s goals might be - again, it doesn’t need to be limited to the coming year and could be a long term ambition, anything you’ve thought of doing, have planned in, or are already doing 🙂

I've bored the ears off a few people about this already, but my goal for this year is to get to 99 creds before my next trip to Europa Park to ride Voltron, making Voltron my 100th cred. This requires another 14 creds.

Plan is to get out to the Madrid parks in early March and get the +14 from Parque Warner and Parque de Atracciones. However as I've heard the latter can suffer from operational issues I'll likely need a couple of contingency creds. This might involve getting on Baa-a-a Express at EP tomorrow, despite being too embarrassed to do it on my last trip here!

Mine is simple, get to 100 creds.

Thankyou for this thread. It’s made me get the pen and paper out and I now have a main plan and some contingencies.

I’m currently sat at 68.

I’ve never been to Oakwood or Drayton Manor, so they’re on the cards for this year. This should hopefully take me to 78. Then with Hyperia and the legoland new one, that should be 80.

After that it all depends on finances. Money’s tight and I’ll be paying for me and 2 kids so things get pricey. But anyway, I can plan and dream. If I plan carefully and get some extra hours in at work, I’m hoping on a little Belgium trip.

I’m in the early stages and have provisionally booked a really cheap place in Antwerp for 5 nights in September. The plan would be to drive and do Plopsaland on the way down then stay in Antwerp. Within roughly an hour from there, I’ve got Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Bobbejaanland, Efteling etc.

So:
Plan A
Belgium Trip as above
80 creds (Oakwood, Drayton, Hyperia etc) + Belgium - should comfortably take me past a 100

Plan B
If finances don’t stretch to Belgium, I might be able to do Parc Astérix (dying to get on Toutatis)
Never done Flamingo land either (it’s miles away from me and doesn’t really appeal).
So:
80 + (Parc Asterix) 8 + (Mingoland) 10 = 98
Then pick up some local kiddie creds
(Not convinced this would be much cheaper)

Plan C (Cry!)
80 + (Mingoland) 10 = 90
Get on 10+ kiddie rides wherever I can find them locally.

Yay, I have a plan!

I’ve never been to Oakwood or Drayton Manor, so they’re on the cards for this year. This should hopefully take me to 78. Then with Hyperia and the legoland new one, that should be 80.
I’m in a similar boat with UK parks - I’ve got a couple major ones I need to tick off that I haven’t done yet; specifically, Mingoland and Paultons. The former I’ll probably do in the summer at some point, the latter I was thinking a Saturday or Sunday in February as I can get there and back in a day from where I am.

Just want to add another goal

I would seriously like to make it to one of the meet ups this year.

(I’m a bit introvert but you all seem like nice people and it would do me good to be a bit sociable).

Gonna make it a goal!

Get creds in a new country is my goal for next year. Setting up for long term of getting them in 10 countries by the end of next year.

Getting to 400 creds is a larger goal. With a big Germany trip on the cards next year finances might become a bit tight for this goal.

Main goal is to try and do a non UK theme park trip with my son. We can't currently do overnight trips so the dream is to overcome that and get to Disneyland Paris, Efteling or Europa. The back-up plan is Plopsaland as i reckon i can do that as a day trip driving (having asked on here previously). Also requires a growth spurt from my son as it's only worth attempting if he can go on Ride to Happiness.

Personal goal is to go to Universal Studios Osaka. Potentially have a work trip to Japan in 2024 which is the only viable way so hopefully that pans out and i can tag it on.

And realistic goal is to go to either Drayton or Fantasy Island for the first time... or both!

After a few years where this has been on the back burner my goal is just to get back to going along to Towers meets, hopefully opening and fireworks in particular.

A trip to Blackpool and/or Thorpe is well overdue too.

I'm hoping to also get to at least one European park that will be new to me, which is probably going to be Walibi Holland.

I like a plan 😁

I’m aiming to boost my total cred count to over 100. This will include the new rides at Merlin parks, but also Drayton and maybe Emerald Park.

Also on the list for 2024 is new to us Paultons, West Midlands Safari and Flamingo land in UK, plus a long planned and much anticipated trip to Efteling and Toverland. We have a week planned over the other side of the country to take in Pleasurewood Hills, GYPB and Joyland amongst other (non theme park-y) things.

I’ll probably also continue the fun fair thing, trying Bridgwater Fair and Funderworld when it comes to Brizzle, and possibly another Winter Wonderland (after a broadly successful trip to HPWW today).

I have a lovely A3 2024 wall planner which is getting nicely filled up with ideas - just hope I can make it all happen without breaking @Chimpy or the bank.

Try my best to get to Dreamland Margate to ride the scenic railway so I'll have ridden all the operating wooden coasters in the UK.

First public train on Nemmy 2.0 would be pretty cool.
I managed it for Wickerman (got a free ride pin) and narrowly missed it for Smiler with me on third train on opening day.

I've been sat on 176 credits for a couple of years, and I want to hit 200 this year. Said that for 2023, and that ended up going completely to pot thanks to NYC being delayed YET AGAIN. 😭 Got spited by Tivoli not being open when in Denmark last year, but I'll be hitting that in May at long last. Also getting back to EP for Voltron (and Rulantica) in March/April, and hopefully revisiting Tripsdrill too. Oh, and not to mention Holiday Park with EGF finally happening. Might need to hoover up some of the other parks in the UK over the summer so I can get to 200, but I can live with that.