• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

I don't understand why almost all theme parks close in the winter. Look at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. Combine the Christmas market and lights with proper roller coasters that don't cost £9 a shot and Towers could be onto a winner. Just bring a coat...

Because it’s proven financially viable to kit out the rides for cold running. But winter wonderland did not start with a ton of rollercoasters. It’s beginnings where fairly modest. Same principle as Phantasialand.

Merlin are very risk averse.

Anyway this is becoming way off topic.

Wondering what kind of Steampunk theming they are going to use, you have like the really smokey style with steel plates wrapped over each othe with rusty pins and smoke everywhere, ore you have the more cleaner style with golden decorations and normal bricks. It seems like they are going for the more cleaner style, seen from the Rookburgh entrance in Alt Berlin.

Well it's set to open in 2019, so it will probably open in April 2020! :p

I can't imagine they will announce the opening date until quite late on though. Assuming that it is all on schedule then it will likely come down to any technical issues they encounter with it being a prototype. At a guess I'd say June/July 2019.

A look at how the new themed wall between Rookburgh and the Fantasy area is coming along:

Dusy6LDXQAIKMX_.jpg

Dusy4kQWoAAtfgk.jpg

Source: Theme Park Worldwide

It looks better than I thought it might; manages to fit the Fantasy theme whilst hinting at what lies behind it. Although is it just me that's getting a bit of a Taron vibe from some of the designs on the wall?

A heads up for anyone visiting in January - rooms are available on selected days at the on site hotels for 99 EUR with breakfast and extra ride time on Taron. Just booked up myself at Ling Bao.

Last edited:
Wow! But no less than I expect from Phantasialand. The theming in that place is absolutely phenomenal. Certainly puts the outside of Legoland Windsor's Haunted House to shame. Although to be fair I think Phantasialand are the absolute masters at creating immersive areas. They really do go to incredible lengths with these things and put some massive resources into it.

Wow, that really is big and exciting news - Hotel Charles Lindbergh.

Looks like these hotel rooms could be similar to the pods found at the Thorpe Shark Hotel if the concept is anything to go by? Which would make sense considering space limitations.

Yes, the theme looks good, but those rooms do look small. I wonder whether the price point will reflect the detailed themeing or the small rooms.

So the Phantasialand Blog confirms that the hotel will actually be located in the middle of Rookbrugh featuring unique interactions with F.L.Y.:

Phantasialand said:
In Phantasialand arises the ultimate steampunk experience by night and day.
Rookburgh - Here great adventures meet with fantastic worlds. Bold and legendary Pioneers of aviation. Mysterious places full of puzzling apparatuses. Journey back in time, travel between heaven and Earth, the past, and today.

The first announcement of the currently under construction theme world already teased something big: Rookburgh will bring magnificent steampunk flair and fascinating experiences - and the unique rollercoaster: F.L.Y., the world's first launched flying coaster.

In Rookburgh Phantasialand merges an unique attraction with grand theming to create a phenomenal overall experience - so complex and intensive as never before. But that's not all! Because the experience of Rookburgh will go beyond just that of a park visit.

"Sleep like an aeronaut" - is the newest secret from Rookburgh. A short sentence full of many stories, that brings a whole new adventure to the theme world. Because in Rookburgh will be something that will catapult the overall experience into a whole new dimension! The Hotel Charles Lindbergh.

The hotel will stand in the middle of the heart of Rookburgh. Totally embedded in the theme world, but still an imposing sight itself with its own special flair noticeable right down to the smallest details in the unusual themed tube rooms. It will be an unforgettable adventure especially due to the way it blends into the area: Who sleeps in Hotel Charles Lindbergh, sleeps in the middle of the themed world! And the world unique interaction between Hotel Charles Lindbergh and the Launched Flying Coaster F.L.Y.!

Rookburgh will be more than just a new themed world in Phantasialand. With its grand steampunk theming, worldwide unique rollercoaster and the in every way embedded Hotel Charles Lindbergh Rookburgh creates an overall experience, the likes of which cannot be found elsewhere!

I can't imagine that it is literally going to be in the middle of the area as there just doesn't seem to be any space for it. Looking at an aerial photo from earlier this year, I imagine it could well be on the rectangle of land at the top of the site:

3.jpg

This would keep it as part of the area but also allow for access from outside of the park, which you would assume is pretty essential for a hotel.

The new Star Wars hotel behind Galaxys Edge will probably give it a run for that money, but the two hotels do have a slightly similar aesthetic. Even the sleeping pods-type themeing is similar.
There's not going to be a brand new Vekoma whizzing around outside your room there though.

It's such a tiny space for a coaster AND a hotel.

Well, Rookburgh and the Hotel Charles Lindbergh will be a more seamless experience, as it’s going to be connected directly to the land. At the Star Wars hotel, guests have to hop on to some silly intergalactic bus service with are really just normal busses, probably with blacked out windows... The real differences will be in the actual hotels though: the Star Wars hotel is likely going to be WDW’s premium hotel, whereas Hotel Charles Lindbergh will probably serve as a relatively budget friendly offering at Phantasialand.