• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand First Trip Advice

BooMT

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Sucker for a B&M!
Planning first visit to Phantasialand this year - what's the best hotel to stay in? I love the whole Lindbergh package, theming & USP of being intertwined with a rollercoaster but... I also like a double bed 😂 Is it worth the sacrifice? The food looks great at Ling Bao!

Planning first visit to Phantasialand this year - what's the best hotel to stay in? I love the whole Lindbergh package, theming & USP of being intertwined with a rollercoaster but... I also like a double bed 😂 Is it worth the sacrifice? The food looks great at Ling Bao!
Moving this over to a single topic for you as this is the topic for trip planning to Europa-Park :)

Lindbergh is only really a one night experience that I'd probably do after my first visit. I've not done it myself but general view of people I know who have stayed there is it's nice for a one off, but pretty expensive - as your dinner etc is within the Rookburgh area, it leaves little time to explore the other hotels. The rooms are pretty small, and personally I'm of the same view I'd prefer a proper bed and space to stay in! Between Ling Bao and Matamba, the better bar is in Ling Bao (although nothing to stop you walking between the two) and it also has the pool available to use too. I marginally prefer the rooms in Ling Bao to Matamba though, so I'd probably prefer that one over the two.

@Craig I seem to have a habit of posting in the wrong threads 😂

This is really helpful, thank you 😊 Something I had considered was one night in Lindbergh & then Ling Bao for a night but as it'll be tied in with Europa & some other stops, not sure I want to over complicate things but also feel as if it would be a missed opportunity for a unique experience!

With park tickets, fastrack, evening meal and breakfast involved, it works out not too bad. I would agree though, probably aim for Ling Bao for this visit.
No it's not too bad - like I said it's something that's on my radar to do. But, regardless of the dinner and fastrack it's still what I'd consider to be pretty expensive based on the size of the room being provided vs the size of the rooms in Matamba/Ling Bao. Nice as a one off experience, but not something I'd maybe do more than once.

If your budget allows for Lindbergh then a night in Ling Bao/Matamba, then great. You'll get the two days on park as part of the Lindbergh stay and then can rest up at the hotels, try the food at Ling Bao that evening and continue your trip after a night there.

I went recently and stayed at Hotel Charles Lindbergh. As a unique experience I can really recommend it, at least for one night, and I also think the price is pretty reasonable for what you get if you're a party of two. It includes two days of entrance to the park, so if you only have one night to stay you can show up in the morning of the first day, drop your bags (or, in our case, simply put them in the room as it was already available), and enjoy two full days on park, which should be more than enough to see and do everything. Looking out of your room window to a huge roller coaster a couple meters away is an incredible experience, and spending the night within the general themed area of Rookburgh is spectacular as well. The exclusive bar was great, having a drink and looking out onto the coaster and the surrounding area at night was really incredible.

The major downsides for me were the included dinner and the room itself. The dinner had great food but the service was terrible, it took almost 45 minutes for someone to come take our order, and we were seated 15 minutes after our reserved time. The staff that were on did a great job, so I blame the park for this as it seemed like the restaurant simply did not have enough people working to handle the number of people dining. It wasn't the best way to end the evening. As for the room, we went in the hottest part of summer and it was a little stuffy to the point that I had trouble sleeping. In the colder months I imagine this isn't as much of an issue.

Overall I would highly recommend doing it... once!

Matamba is a lovely hotel, nice spacious room (got a view of colorado adventure) and a lovely breakfast buffet. Nice enough bar to sit at in the evening for a few drinks after a day in the theme park. When you book you can add park tickets. When I stayed you got some fast passes as well.

When I last visited I stayed at Charles Lindbergh which was a great experience. I would say for that you want to arrive on your first day before the park opens so you can get your park tickets and store your luggage (or put it in the room if it's ready). On an off peak stay between 2 people it's great value. You'll only be in the room for sleeping in the end of the day. The private bar is a lovely touch as well.

Matamba was fine, my biggest downside was the room was too well themed with a cold hard concrete floor, textured to look like mud, it just didn't feel comfortable. But the view out the window of Black Mamba was great. Dinner buffet was fine as was breakfast.

Matamba was fine, my biggest downside was the room was too well themed with a cold hard concrete floor, textured to look like mud, it just didn't feel comfortable. But the view out the window of Black Mamba was great. Dinner buffet was fine as was breakfast.
Yeah I get this. I stayed in a similar room. Perfect view of Black Mamba, big room in an excellent hotel. It's incredibly authentic, captivating as soon as you walk in the entrance area and themed throughout. Very glad I stayed.

But that floor felt very cold and was uncomfortable to walk on in socks or bare feet, what with the textures on it. I didn't like the sliding wooden door to the bathroom either. If I'm on the Kermit, I don't want my kids being able to see through the gaps or rattle the door back and forth on it's runners. Otherwise beautiful hotel though.

I can also recommend the Charles Lindbergh Hotel. Stayed in 2022 and it's a wonderful experience. Only stayed one night and I think that's perfect for the experience. The exclusive bar is nice. The hotel is super unique and you get stunning views of Rookburgh. Also the nice bonus of being allowed to walk around Rookburgh after dark is great. The rooms are small but they are designed to be. The bathroom is more spacious than expected to.

Highly recommended. The price is not bad at all when you factor in 4 days worth of park entry is included (split across 2 people).