• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand Hotels - Which One?

Spike

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Taron
Booking hotel for Phatasialand tonight (20th) - Ling Bao or Matamba? Cost isn't an issue although we're not paying for their suites lol There are 4 of us sharing using their 4 night package on the website. Any other advice would be welcomed as it's my first time visiting. :D

Matamba is has better theming, especially in the rooms. But Ling is a higher star rating and slightly classier. You can't use the pool if you stay in Matamba, but you may get a view of Black Mamba right outside your balcony! The bathrooms in Ling are basic, in 'Tamba you get a sink carved out of solid rock and a huge walk in shower.

Personally, I prefer Matamba, but many disagree!

Yeah Ling Bao is a bit more expensive and I've just noticed there doesn't appear to be any rooms which have a double and 2 bunk beds, Ling Bao seem to have them. Do you know if Matamba have these types of room as well?

**I've just noticed that this is in the Europa Park trip report and planning as I can't read apparently. I thought it was European trip reports and planning** Apologies :oops:

Last edited:
In Matabma you get a king size bed with a huge bug net over it, making it look like a four poster... and in a seperate annex there's a small double bed inside a tent. Far cooler, if you ask me! But if people aren't willing to share a bed, that may be a problem.

And yes, this is the EP thread. Thought I was going mad for a minute there! :p

Ling Bao do have rooms with a double and two bunks (we stayed in one a few weeks back!), but whether they're available is another matter. I like both hotels to be honest, but for me the bar in Ling Bao and the pool push it for me. Nothing whatsoever stopping you walking between the two for the bar though if you'd prefer a Black Mamba view!

Cheers guys, we've booked Ling Bao simply because it has a double and 2 singles. The rooms in Matamba look really nice and are cheaper for some reason but they don't have the same family rooms as Ling Bao. We've paid a bit extra for the view as the other options were the basement or parking lot.

All-in-all I think it's a great price for 4 nights B&B, 4 days park entrance, 1 evening meal and quick passes for £250 each.

Has anyone done Fantissima and is it worth the hefty £80 price tag?

4 days park entry?

Are you going in the park for 4 days or do you plan on local sightseeing too?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4 days park entry?

Are you going in the park for 4 days or do you plan on local sightseeing too?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We are there for 5 days and yes we plan a day for sightseeing, probably go into Cologne for the day. :)

To be honest, I think you might struggle to fill 3/4 days in the park. As much as I love Phantasialand, I think it's a 2-day park at best, unless it's especially busy.

I guess you can always mong about in the hotels and the pool for half a day if it comes to it!

Well I suppose you could fill three days if you bother to see any shows, and take your time. But I'll agree that it's a two day park.

Yeah, I've heard it's small but I have no problem re-riding stuff lots. My top 10 coasters require extensive testing to feature lol

We will plan on seeing all shows and a Spa/Pool day as well. :D