• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills Friday 29th March 2013

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
Sorry it's late, including resizing photos and uploading them, this report took me an hour in all to sort out.

So here we go...

I arrived at the park just before 10am, and the first thing I noticed was the new logo and flags on the entrance:

2cq02u1.jpg

I then went into the office and purchased my season pass, and was given my complimentary voucher for the Laser Labrinth, I then met Ben (the new Pr, and introduced myself to him, and Ben offered me a guided tour of the new bits and pieces on park when I had finished sorting out my season pass, so we agreed to meet up by the new flags.

Once I had finished sorting paperwork, I met ben, and he showed me the entrance and explained how he would like to have a stage in the area to have a welcome show type thing staring Woody Bear.

102sg1g.jpg

2u6mlmt.jpg

23val53.jpg

Then, he took me down to the Pirate ship, and showed me the new ramp and entrance, which was done to make the pirate ship more accesible for the disabled, He also mentioned how they have lots of new rope to freshen the park up. While we were here, Ben mentioned the fact that he was trying to increase the friendlyness of staff and how he feels customer service is very important to the park.

amdzfb.jpg

He took me past Enigma and Jolly Rodger, he mentioned the reason for the lack of theming on Jolly Rodger was due to the fact that it was planned to be made to look pernament and be themed, but this was cancelled after the money was taken away from the park.

Next, we walked past the Log Flume towards Fireball, all the staff members I saw at this point were looking cheerful and happy, we then walked over to opposite fireball and this is where he explained to me about why fireball has not been made to look pernament yet, this is because there are plans to move it to near wipeout and theme it and make it look pernament, and he said that the space there was big enough for a rollercoaster.

We then came to Hobs Pit, this will be where Fairytale Fantasy was, and will also include a Hobs Pit shop which will be where Main Street is, below are photo's of the Hobs Pit development, Ben wasn't allowed to take me behind the scenes of the construction work here, so I had to get photo's from the public point of view

29uspw2.jpg

2efuclu.jpg

qmxkdu.jpg

Ben also showed me how they are getting rid of the maritime theming along Main Street, the old Submarine has been removed but could end up on the side of the Parrot show building when it is revamped.

mwslye.jpg

I also noticed that the Merry Mariner resturant on the corner of Main Street opposite Fireball has been repainted and looks nice.

25q3cl3.jpg

Next, Ben took me up Main Street and past the carousel, (Looking nice, and not out of place) and into the kids area to show me the brand new Teacups, these also look good.

j5ebs3.jpg

We then walked through the kids area, with the staff looking good in there new uniforms, with the new logo on it as well all happy and cheerful, that is one thing, usually on at PWH I find at least one grumpy/unhappy looking staff member, but today they all seemed happy and enthusiastic about their jobs.

We then walked down Vintage cars to the Square by Wipeout, where Ben showed me the new look Woody's Emporium, which is looking good and has lots of merchandise, we then went outside and past wipeout and the Parrot show to The Tide Traveller which Ben assured me was in working order, and then to prove a point, got the staff members on it to do send it on a run.

11j0r6d.jpg

15pih6g.jpg

I also got this picture of it operating later in the day

1pv72d.jpg

We then past the castle theatre and the Laser Labrinth, So I got this picture of the Sean Alexander Signs, I saw his show later on, I also enquired with Ben about the Season Pass holders Laser Labrinth, and he clarified that everytime you visit, Season Pass Holders get one free go on the Laser Labrinth.

jb4w10.jpg

We continued to walk down to the bottom end of the park, and then we paused by the Lake, where Ben explained how they used to clear the lake up regullarly but it hasn't been done for about 15 years, so the reason the peddalos are in opperation is due to the fact that they need to check the depth of the water so the Peddalos don't end up grounded. He mentioned that the main entrance for these would be on the wipeout side of the lake.

We continued down towards the bottom end, and then facing rattlesnake, Ben explained how he had originally wanted to move it to a more prominent location within the Park, but because over the years the metal has been warped so badly, if they did take it apart to move it, they would never get it back together in one piece.

Next, we headed over to the chairlift to go back to the top end of the park, Ben had never been on the chairlift, after a quick chat with the staff operating it, including former forum member Reece, we then boarded the chairlift and headed up to the other end of the park. On the way back we noticed how cold it was and discussed Magic Mouse.

Once we were back, we walked past Kite Flyer and the Minature railway, and went past the little plane ride that is tucked away, Ben said he had been sorting out the picnic tables half an hour before they opened to make sure they were in a good position to be used. He also mentioned that the Big Train may not be there next season as it doesn't really fit the theme.
We then walked back down past Tales of the Coast to Moby Dick, here It was explained to me that they had two options with this ride, Option A was to do a quick job in order for it to be ready for the start of the season, Option B was to do a proper job and make sure that it didn't break down every day.

287q8w2.jpg

2qi1dsh.jpg

We then walked back to the entrance plaza and I thanked Ben for the tour, so I went off and went on the Pirate Ship, the staff here were encouraging screaming matches and really getting into it.

Next, I decided to head for enigma, finding a small queue on Arrival, I expected a wait, but the ride was operating smoothly and within 5 minutes I was on the ride.

After this, I walked up and went onto Kite Flyer, again this was a walk on.

I then walked down towards SITG, but this was only opperating to half capacity as half the train was filled with Oil Barrels, so I ended up 4th from the front, So I decided not to do it again for the rest of the day, I then crossed over to the dodgems and had a ride on these, I noticed one was out of service with no contact wire to the roof, and that two of the dodgems had been repainted, and that these repainted ones were slightly faster than the other ones, I came off and saw there were 7 people in the queue, with 8 dodgems, so went on again, and as I queued a Second time (By now it was around 12:30) it began to snow, and so I went on and then went to find somewhere to eat my packed lunch, I headed to the Railway Tearooms, and found that Christine was still working in there and she was kind enough to let me eat my lunch in the warm, there was only one other family in there the entire time I was in there.

I had a conversation with Christine before heading outside and going on enigma again, next, I ended up at the Big Train Station near Hobs Pit and the bottom end of the Go-kart track, and as I got there, the train was in the station, so went on for a ride round to BBQ halt, I then ended up walking back through to the Same station I got on the train at and saw Woodie comming out of the merry mariner, and then saw Ben, and so Had a conversation with him and Woody Bear.

I then watched someone on the log flume (Crazy People) and then went on enigma again, I then decided on doing something diffrent so went on the Pleasurewood Ponies, I then went and checked the time for the Sean Alexander show, went round and went back on enigma two more times, before heading to tales of the coast for a relaxing boat ride as I still had 3/4 of an hour until the show, the Audio on this was out of sync, for instance, the bit about black shuck was playing as you passed the witch.

Next, I noticed I still had 20 minutes Until doors opened so went on the dodgems, queued up, and then got on after one turn, we had one go on it, and then we stopped, and no one was in the queue line and so we got to go on again, then I checked the time and seeing I had 5 minutes until the show started, got off and walked to the show, got a seat, and watched it, it was quite good In my opinion.

Finally, after the show ended, I decided I was cold and tired and wanted to go home, and as I walked towards the entrance, I saw the Big train pulling into the Kiddie area station, so got a ride on this back to the entrance, left the park and went to the office, picked up my card (which is the same design as last year) and spoke to Ben and then left the park.

Lastly, Here are some pictures of wipeout

j6l9gz.jpg

folsme.jpg

2iroint.jpg

d8k1y.jpg

10h7dwl.jpg

That was very nice of Ben to give you a little tour around the place.

I am encouraged to hear the discussions on theme etc, and what sounds like a caring attitude towards the park and clientele.

Wipeout looks rather lovely also. So glad this didn't get shipped off to Mexico like so many other great UK coasters have. I know it's "only" a boomer, but still... :*

Nice write up Hobo, let's hope PWH has a great season and very interested to find out more about what Hobs Pit develops into.

;D

I've never been to the park, but I've gotta say it doesn't look too bad at all. Looks quite good, in fact :)

AshleeKel said:
I've never been to the park, but I've gotta say it doesn't look too bad at all. Looks quite good, in fact :)

It has Improved a lot over recent years, and it is well worth a visit Ashlee.

Nice TR.

Good to see some improvements around the park and the passion Ben has for the place. It's great he interacts on Unofficial Pleasurewood as well as in person!

One thing though: get your arse on Wipeout!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Good report, I have a soft spot for this place. It was my first park. Woody, a chair lift and a wobbly walk through house are my earliest theme park memories! :)

Been a very long time but I'll do my best to get over to PWH this season.

Scott said:

Hobo, have you not been on Wipeout yet? If not, out of interest, how come?

TheMan said:
Scott said:

Hobo, have you not been on Wipeout yet? If not, out of interest, how come?

Nope, Let's just say I don't like going upsidedown, let alone going upsidedown backwards...

But how do you know you don't like going upside down if you've never experienced an inversion on a rollercoaster?

I don't really like thrilling flat rides because of the way you go upside down etc, but I love coasters with inversions...

Scott said:
But how do you know you don't like going upside down if you've never experienced an inversion on a rollercoaster?

I don't really like thrilling flat rides because of the way you go upside down etc, but I love coasters with inversions...

This is so true, upside down on a coaster actually ends up being more about the forces you encounter I find. It's really great fun!!

The backwards bit on a boomer is pretty forceful though, personally, that is why I adore them - the cobra roll in reverse, from memory at least, was brilliant!

I'd have to recommend it though, for example, Ripsaw is about the fact you are upside down, as can be Submission etc, it is though completely different from a flowing inversion on a coaster at decent speed.

I still find that quite strange, but none the less, it's true :)