• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Plopsaland De Panne General Discussion

I believe it’s down to the fit.

The shorts that are permitted are generally more fitted and will tend to have more of a “cuff” around the thighs. Bathing shorts are more baggy and akin to the shorts you’d wear out and about.

Think of them like boxer briefs vs boxer shorts.

Are they good in terms of reliability and availability?
Went during off-peak last year and a LOT of the park was on staggered openings. Anubis and RtH both opened in the early afternoon. I imagine it's different when it's a bit busier and once everything was open I don't remember a lot of reliability issues, other than RtH being down for a little while.

Queue Times has the average maximum wait for the top rides at 30 minutes and most closer to 20, does that sound plausible?

Heidi is a bit rubbish really, nowhere near as good as WM.

Plopsa is alright but a lot of rides don't have great capacity. Last time I was there (a summer Saturday) I skipped K3 as it constantly had a 45min wait. Super Splash was 90 most of the day but we knew that was likely to be an issue so made sure to get on it early.

It’s all to do with hygiene. Bathing shorts can be worn as normal clothes as well, thereby bringing outdoor germs into the water, the same reason that most pools ban outdoor shoes anywhere near the pools.
Well worth following the rule on this - I went to a (now closed) leisure pool in France with bathing shorts and was ushered back into the changing rooms within seconds of arriving on poolside. Had to buy a pair of Speedos in the shop at great expense!

Strange that I've been twice to Plopsaqua with the usual baggy swim shorts and pockets and never had issue. Guess I just got lucky. Places in France however seem stricter on it and enforce from previous experience

There aren't many thrillseekers at Plopsaland. Queues for the small number of good rides are usually short.
I sprinted round to RtH at “rope drop” only to find that I could have ridden every dispatch of the day. There strangely wasn’t much interest in it.

When I went I sessioned Ride To Happiness breaking it with rides on Anubis and Heidi. RTH was on two trains and it was basically walk up in to the station all day long which I found crazy considering it’s such a fantastic coaster. I don’t think the water coaster opened until the afternoon, I only did one ride on it because it takes so long to slowly float back to the station.

I actually ended up missing a couple of creds (#LikeMe Coaster and K3) because I forgot all about them as I was enjoying repeated rides on RTH and didn’t venture over to the far side of the park much.

Regarding the swim wear rule I'm sure Drech Towers (LEGOLAND) has the same rule. Back during my time working on it I was always told it was because baggy shorts / pockets with buttons and zipps have a high chance of catching on the slides. But potentially this is the real reason.

Honestly I was just happy if they actually had swimwear! You wouldn't belive the amount of people that thought disposable nappies were a suitable substitute...

Strange that I've been twice to Plopsaqua with the usual baggy swim shorts and pockets and never had issue. Guess I just got lucky. Places in France however seem stricter on it and enforce from previous experience

I watched a TPWW vlog last night from last year and looks like there were plenty of people in shorts and hardly any lifeguards.